Master Untangler

Default Prioritize Zoom Web Conferencing traffic?

Hi - was trying to prioritize ZOOM traffic with Bandwidth Control, but couldn't find an entry for this traffic. It's similar to WebEx, etc. and is a common service provider. When I checked the sessions, it appeared to be using port 8801 UDP if I'm not mistaken.

Has anyone figured out how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

The best way I've found to address this kind of thing is to actually use the app in question.

Start a conference call with someone off site. Do one with them hosting, one with you hosting. While the conference is running, pull up the Session Viewer in Untangle and find the session(s) that correspond to your call. See how Untangle is actually classifying them and make notes. Then use those notes to write your traffic control rules. Finally, run another set of real conferences to confirm traffic is prioritized as you want.
    Last edited by jcoehoorn; 10-08-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    KB7AWG likes this.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 14.1.1 to protect 500Mbits for ~400 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Master Untangler

Glad to see Untangle has flagged this as a PLANNED addition to Bandwidth Control (Zoom traffic). Until then, it appears that it uses port 8801 UDP which I've prioritized as HIGH. Seems to help.