Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Branding the Console

Would like to change background picture and maybe the launch client button on the console. Anyone have some experience doing this on the latest builds?

Please explain exactly what you want to do and provide a screenshot if possible.

There no simple way to do this. It involves replacing source files on the terminal console.

Its not to complicated

Not referring to the Web UI, block pages, or reports. This is the wallpaper on the desktop when your on the console that says Untangle in the middle of it. From a resellers point of view, it kills most your branding efforts if IT/admin staff have the thing hooked up to a KVM switch.

The launch untangle client button is less important as its just a picture with the untangle logo not that big a deal.

We used to do this on a custom load of untangle on top of debian (etch). I will try to dig through some old documentation and see how far I can get with it. Was hoping someone was already doing this on latest builds and would share.

Untangler

If UT is serious about building a reseller channel, they should make these changes straightforward. The branding is good (getting better) but still needs some work.

mdh

I think its primarily a question of how you prioritize with a huge number of tasks, a planned schedule of enhancements, and a finite number of coders. On top of that, they want jcoffin to keep smiling. Too many things in too short a time and he may stop smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Not referring to the Web UI, block pages, or reports. This is the wallpaper on the desktop when your on the console that says Untangle in the middle of it. From a resellers point of view, it kills most your branding efforts if IT/admin staff have the thing hooked up to a KVM switch.

The launch untangle client button is less important as its just a picture with the untangle logo not that big a deal.

We used to do this on a custom load of untangle on top of debian (etch). I will try to dig through some old documentation and see how far I can get with it. Was hoping someone was already doing this on latest builds and would share.
    Big D, I have been able to change the wallpaper (Untangle Logo) on the console and it is pretty straight forward. I will tell you this, every time you update the platform you will have to re-do the wallpapers....
    PM me and I will give you more details on how I do it....

NimRod

It would be nice to have this option available in the Branding Manager... I have asked for it in the past and got lots of grief over it....
    Untangle ROCKS..! :D

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post

3 main screens that Branding Manager does not Remove or change.

1) Boot up Logo grub startup screen (untangle logo at the bottom)
    2) Secondary Screen b4 Console desktop UNtangle name & logo (splashy)
    3) Main Desktop or console

The IT/Admin Staff can see this. It's a dead giveaway.
    It's an easy google search.
    How can we protect ourselves from this?

Someone please give us info on how-to remove all these giveaways.

tnx

What is to protect? You surround Untangle with the idea that if they knew where and what it was you're all of a sudden out of the loop?

Untangle won't allow this to happen. They simply will not sell directly to an account that already has a link to a reseller. I've already had this happen. Heck, I TRIED to flub an account off on them directly. They wouldn't allow it.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast