Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Block Page Customization

Hello Everyone and thank you for reading this post. I am sure this is a redundant question, however I am not able to get a definitive answer on this.

I would like to edit the CSS of the block page, as well as add a line of text and/or change existing text.

The wiki states:

Code:
    You don't need to be a web developer to create a blockpage skin; however, you do need to know a bit of html. Simply download Untangle's sample skin, edit the style sheet and images to reflect your company's color palette. You can use an HTML editor such a Dreamweaver. Notepad works too. Then, upload the skin. That's it!
    How do I edit the stylesheet? I cannot seem to find an option for it. In addition, how do I edit the blockpage template? I assume it can be done from the web console, and not on the physical server.

Also, based on this wiki for the branding manager it seems the only options are logo, name, and email address settings, so there is no way to edit anything else?

Thanks again

The features you're looking for are part of the Branding Manager. If you don't own that rack module you don't get any of the tools the wiki talks about to make it easy.

Then I went and looked where this thread was and put my own foot in my mouth...

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/S...your_own_Skins

Take a look at the wiki and scroll all the way to the bottom. There is a link there with a skin cookbook that has the files you need.
    hollypropst likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

where does it say that in the wiki? That's ludicrous - you absolutely need to be a web developer to write a new skin - its not like baking cookies.

And yes you need branding manager to change the block page skin.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    The features you're looking for are part of the Branding Manager. If you don't own that rack module you don't get any of the tools the wiki talks about to make it easy.

Then I went and looked where this thread was and put my own foot in my mouth...

<had to be removed since I have less than 5 posts>

Take a look at the wiki and scroll all the way to the bottom. There is a link there with a skin cookbook that has the files you need.
    Thank you Sky. Good find!

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    where does it say that in the wiki? That's ludicrous - you absolutely need to be a web developer to write a new skin - its not like baking cookies.

And yes you need branding manager to change the block page skin.
    I agree, but I pasted what it says. I got it from:

wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Branding_Manager#Creating_Block_Page_Skin

How would I be able to access the directories via the UI? I am trying to avoid being at the console.

Skin creation requires zero time on the Untangle console. Download the SDK and modify it, upload via the web directory and go.

It sounds to me like you're asking for help locating files so you can get around purchasing the paid module. You won't get that kind of help here.
    NexgenAppliances.com

It sounds to me like you're asking for help locating files so you can get around purchasing the paid module. You won't get that kind of help here.
    Sky, thanks for the information. I have the module installed with our professional version. I am just looking to download the current file, make changes to it, and then upload it.

Take a look at the bottom of the link I posted earlier. There is a link at the bottom of the wiki page for the template file. The cookbook is what you're looking for.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Take a look at the bottom of the link I posted earlier. There is a link at the bottom of the wiki page for the template file. The cookbook is what you're looking for.

I got that. Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast