Untangler

Default Alternative Logout option?

Hey,

I like the Captive Portal so far, but I am wondering is there an alternative logout option instead of the pop-up?

I tried copying the pop-up url (http://untangle-ip/cpd/index.php?logout=Y), it takes me to the login page saying that I have logged out, but when I go to a page like google straight after (not logging in again), I am able to access it.

Is there another url that I can go to that logs me out?

Default logout url

http://<your-untangle-server-ip>/users/logout

If you have captive portal on your UT, and have "basic login" enabled, hitting the above url from a machine you have logged in, should log you out.

hope that helps.
    Last edited by listaction; 04-07-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typo

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by listaction View Post
    http://<your-untangle-server-ip>/cpd/users/logout

If you have captive portal on your UT, and have "basic login" enabled, hitting the above url from a machine you have logged in, should log you out.

hope that helps.
    Hey,

I tried that, but it took me to an untangle error page (server not found).
    I had a search on the untangle box, and it seems the java script file is in /users/logout.jsp, not in the cpd folder.
    Now I just need to get that java script to run when domain users logoff the computer..

EDIT:
    It seems I was a bit wrong.. if I got to the page 'http://10.30.1.12/users/logout' it will log out the current session, but it is asking to save a file when you go there (the java script file).

I think I will try making a bat/wsh file that will go to a IE shortcut to that website, then kill the process afterwards, so users wont get the popup asking to save a file, but still get logged out
    Last edited by WaLshy11; 04-01-2010 at 04:49 PM.

SMR

logoff script?
    Sam Reeves
    Disclaimer: I know nothing.. There, that should satisfy any doubt you had!
    "on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook." - Shawshank Redemption (1994 film - Andy Dufresne)

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by WaLshy11 View Post
    Hey,

I tried that, but it took me to an untangle error page (server not found).
    I had a search on the untangle box, and it seems the java script file is in /users/logout.jsp, not in the cpd folder.
    Now I just need to get that java script to run when domain users logoff the computer..

EDIT:
    It seems I was a bit wrong.. if I got to the page '/users/logout' it will log out the current session, but it is asking to save a file when you go there (the java script file).

I think I will try making a bat/wsh file that will go to a IE shortcut to that website, then kill the process afterwards, so users wont get the popup asking to save a file, but still get logged out
    I can confirm this behavior: going to the /users/logout URL prompts the user to save the file.

You can ignore the file it asks you to download. Its a json object that the server sends back confirming that you have indeed logged out.

Untangler

You can ignore the file it asks you to download. Its a json object that the server sends back confirming that you have indeed logged out.
    Yer I figured this out eventually.

The logout url is only working in 1 scenario for me though..

Scenario:
    If I log in, use the internet for a while without closing down my web browser, go to the logout url it will work fine (log me out).
    BUT, if I log in, use the internet, close my web browser to use word or something, then open my browser again (still logged in) and use it, if I then go to the logout url it will not log me out.

Have you encountered this?

The logout is cookie based. So yes, it has to be done using the same browser.

Untangler

The logout is cookie based. So yes, it has to be done using the same browser.
    Uhuh, I have recently changed the GPO to delete cookies on IE close.. that would explain it.

Thanks will change it back and see how it goes.

EDIT:
    Im using the same browser (was always), and have changed the GPO to not delete cookies.. still doing the same thing as the scenario I posted before
    Last edited by WaLshy11; 04-07-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Untangler

*bump*

Anyone have any ideas on this issue? This is the only thing stopping me from purchasing Untangle..