Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Facebook Login For Captive Portal

Hi

I posted to Git Hub Link where you can download example FB Login in Untangle Captive Portal

https://github.com/yuanyudistira/Unt...Facebook-Login

Still very basic. And also it has work around in order for user to use facebook to authenticate.
    We need to add Facebook IP to Passed Listed Server Address.

Facebook has MANY IPs, some of which change depending on which cloud server you're hitting that day.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.4.1 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Very cool!

You can add a pass rule for "HTTP: Hostname" for whatever hostname is needed. (login.facebook.com?)
    I think this would be far easier and more likely to work around the world.

Alternatively, 12.1 has an experimental facebook integration functionality in directory connector so you can just use the standard login page authenticated against facebook. I think your approach is better as the user is authenticating directly with facebook first and then presumably you verify the oauth token later?
    This is better, but obviously you need to allow access to facebook in order to do so.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Very cool!

You can add a pass rule for "HTTP: Hostname" for whatever hostname is needed. (login.facebook.com?)
    I think this would be far easier and more likely to work around the world.

Alternatively, 12.1 has an experimental facebook integration functionality in directory connector so you can just use the standard login page authenticated against facebook. I think your approach is better as the user is authenticating directly with facebook first and then presumably you verify the oauth token later?
    This is better, but obviously you need to allow access to facebook in order to do so.
    I hope this can be added to the Captive Page Pass Rule...not to By Pass Rule,
    as I might add it only to specific rack, not all rack

Indeed captive portal rules.

Bypass rules don't know the http hostname

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Indeed captive portal rules.

Bypass rules don't know the http hostname

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I miss this one,...So the rule must be above the rule that capture all traffic?

and now I can see we can also by pass based on HTTP: Referer,
    so if user access to facebook directly, it will be capture, but if its referer is the UTM hostname it will pass.

After doing some testing,
    I believe its more convenient to create Captive Pass Rule just using HTTP:referer.

I tried to access directly by type-ing facebook.com into browser, it get captured.
    But when I click button on the captive, the authentication process working very fine.

I think the method can be used to authenticate using other services google, twitter etc.

I wonder if anyone can help, as I want to pass FB Name and Email into the User Name of Untangle Field,

I am trying to use Untangle Captive Default FORM and trying to populate Form Hidden Field: Username with user facebook name,
    But still I got Anonymous please see this picture:

anonymous.jpg

Here is the FORM Code I am using:

<form style="text-align:center" id="guestForm" method="post" action="/capture/handler.py/infopost">
    <fieldset class="bacgroundwhite">

<legend class="legendFiledset">Internet Policy</legend>

<textarea rows="10" cols="50" readonly="true" wrap class="styled">
    For security reason, every traffic going out to the world wide web is logged. Do not use the internet access to violate the law.
    Please authenticate using facebook, to continue...</textarea>

<hr />
    <input id="agreechecked" type="hidden" name="agree" type="checkbox" value="agree" id="agree" class="" checked />

<div class="submit">
    <input class="button" name="submit" id="submit" type="button" value="Step 1, Continue to FB Login" onclick="checkFacebookLogin();" />

<input name="submit2" id="submit2" type="submit" onclick="myFunction()" value="Step 2, Continue" style="display:none;" />
    </div>
    <h2 style="color:red;display:none;">$.ProblemText.$</h2>
    </fieldset>
    <input name="method" id="method" type="hidden" value="$.method.$"></input>
    <input name="nonce" id="nonce" type="hidden" value="$.nonce.$"></input>
    <input name="appid" id="appid" type="hidden" value="$.appid.$"></input>
    <input name="host" id="host" type="hidden" value="$.host.$"></input>
    <input name="username" id="username" type="hidden" value="fb\username">
    <input name="Username" id="Username" type="hidden" value="fb\username">

<input name="uri" id="uri" type="hidden" value="$.uri.$"></input>

</form>

You need to get the appropriate entry from the host table and set the username attribute on the host table entry to whatever you want it set to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast