Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Do you have a subscription?
    Whats your ticket #?

I will gladly take a look. However, I suspect we will need RDP access or something to a machine behind Untangle that can display the behavior. Can you setup something to provide us access?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Do you have a subscription?
    Whats your ticket #?

I will gladly take a look. However, I suspect we will need RDP access or something to a machine behind Untangle that can display the behavior. Can you setup something to provide us access?
    Home license (I still think it's an awesome pricing, works well), ticket number 73199. Thanks!

I'll have to look into the remote access bit, so far I only used those solutions for local access aside from one, but that requires Google credentials so it's a bad idea.

It dawned on me that I'm asked to give access from the Internet to my device, so to diagnose why said device is being prevented from connecting to the Internet. This is going to be an interesting day.
    Last edited by Stamp; 08-17-2016 at 07:18 AM.

huge thanks Stamp!

We all owe Stamp a big thanks. He setup a teamviewer that allowed us to test extensively with a client behind his Untangle.
    After many hours of being very confused; we were able to find the issue.

Essentially there is a race condition on startup that can lead to starting TWO instances of a single application.
    When he was getting this behavior it was because there were TWO instances of captive portal running.
    You won't actually see them because they have the same ID, but they have different user tables, hence why after logging into the first you get stuck at the second.

We will be rolling a fix for this very shortly!
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    We all owe Stamp a big thanks.
    Indeed. Thank you, Stamp!

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    Indeed. Thank you, Stamp!
    Yeah right. The part that's not mentioned is more interesting... the live service work hours are 5 am to 5 pm. I got contacted around 7:40 am and in a few minutes everything was setup for them (timezones made it easy on me, past 4 pm is a good time). Basically at 6 pm the work stopped. You've read it right, ELEVEN HOURS. One of them was overtime. After two I started to wonder if the poor guy was crying or swearing... around the 4 hours mark, I had dinner and got obviously asked if there was any news about the connection. After hearing how long this was going on the obvious question got asked "is this FREE?" and after some reassuring (we pay only 50 bucks a year, but with licenses that can be in the thousand for the same product, fixing it for us is good for everybody), it was found to be noteworthy. Close to that I guess there's been a lunch break with a shift change on the other side of the world. Further down the line there's been a connection drop, possibly offered by the storm outside... and I hope that didn't mess up any work, but wasn't avoidable.

It's been a long day on both sides, with me typing this after 3 am because like hell that I leave a computer unsupervised while being accessed remotely, not to mention that it was on my bed stand and pretty bright. Let me tell you: 11 hours of keeping an eye on your tablet, while frequently refreshing the page for the ticket is a new level of boring. The plus side is that every time there was a need, I've been able to react in a few minutes. As such I'll gladly accept the thanks for being collaborative and posting about the issue to begin with, but don't forget the two guys that actually worked so many consecutive hours on this. So thanks to dmorris and (don't know his nick here!) Derrick T. that really pulled off a marathon of tech support. I'm sure you get also the thanks of my family after they wake up, so I'm offering them in advance here :P

OK, a build that includes the fix for this has been released.

Hi
    How can we find out if we have the build that fixes this issue?

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    So thanks to dmorris and (don't know his nick here!) Derrick T. that really pulled off a marathon of tech support.
    I agree with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.matthews View Post
    Hi
    How can we find out if we have the build that fixes this issue?
    Look for Build: 12.1.0~vcs20160817T171406.44085.release12.1-1jessie in Config -> About
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangler

I'm just chiming in to say that the patch works, and there's been no further issues.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast