Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Untangler

Default Portal seems broken

I don't like this sort of titles or accusations, but I got the 12.1 update one week ago, and the portal didn't work... but I blamed it on the need for a reboot after the update. Today however it's time to log in again, and the problem is back!

What happens:
    The portal shows up as normal, credentials are input correctly, portal shows up again. This is an endless loop, on the interface I can see the login did work. Restarting the device is useless like using a different browser. Restarting the service is useless. The only fix is a reboot of the server!

It happens on any client as far as I can tell, iOS devices and Windows desktops alike.

Only weird thing here is that I customized the interface with a different image and text using the branding manager. Nothing more complex than that.

Do you have multiple racks? Is the authentication local, AD or RADIUS? What does the event log show about that IP? Is SSL Inspector in use?

BTW, reboot rarely fixes the problem on Untangle. It's not Windows
    Last edited by jcoffin; 08-08-2016 at 06:36 AM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I had the same thing happen two weeks ago. I turned off the captive portal. Updated my untangle to v12.1.0 minor build on 2016-07-26 that night and in the morning I turned the Captive Portal back on and it has been working fine since.

I use local directory for authentication and I have implemented some customization to the portal.

Untangler

Local authentication, report shows multiple consecutive successful login from the same users. It's not limited to one device! Quoting my family "Internet is not working, it keeps asking for the password"

SSL inspector is on, and the self signed cert is installed everywhere. The only change from working to loopy is the update

Auto updates are on, so anything new should be already installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    Local authentication, report shows multiple consecutive successful login from the same users. It's not limited to one device! Quoting my family "Internet is not working, it keeps asking for the password"
    Sounds like my family!

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    SSL inspector is on, and the self signed cert is installed everywhere. The only change from working to loopy is the update
    Ok, I believe the issue is that you have "Check certificate" or "Required certificate" checked on the captive portal page and the server certificate does not match the hostname and internal IP of Untangle. Check the root certificate installed. If it does not contain the hostname and internal IP of the Untangle, re-generate the server certificate and once installed on the devices. It should fix the loop due to certificate not detected.

Untangler

Thanks, I generated a new certificate. Now we hope that things will work! I'll let you know either way

Untangler

Didn't work. Installed the new certificate but the only way is still to reboot the server...

I'm not clear what is happening. What does this mean "but the only way is still to reboot the server..." ?

Untangler

Basically the portal ends up in a loop (even if it actually got the user logged in) and the loop won't end until the server is rebooted. As I found out, the reboot only works for users already "looped" so if I decided to use my tablet and needed to log in... even if today I did two server reboot, this would need another one. Hopefully I've been able to explain better this time

I am having the same issue. IOS devices and android devices just loop when entering the credentials and by loop I mean just presents the login page again when pressing login. I have triple checked its not a password issue. I managed to login using a Windows 7 machine successfully using IE8.

Version 12.1.0
    Local Authentication
    HTTPS disable certificate detection
    Redirects to HTTP site once logged in
    Always use HTTPS for capture page direct not enabled

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast