Default Google Authentication with Captive Portal and Policy Manager Hypothetical

Could someone please tell me if the following is possible?

Our school has separate Google Apps for Education domains for teachers and for students. Could I set up Captive Portal and Directory Connector to allow users from both domains to authenticate and then use the difference in the domain part of the username to filter users into different policies? Or will the domain be dropped from the username?

Thanks!

Sure assuming they are using their full username with the domain.
    Although beware we'll likely be replacing the experimental google auth with oauth in 13.1

Google has put an end to the experimental thing by throwing in captchas, so it may outright not work at all.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I operate on the fringes of competency so forgive me if this question is tedious: Does the implementation of oauth mean authentication with google username/password would no longer be possible?

it will be but the user will authenticate against google directly and the be redirected back to the captive portal page.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    it will be but the user will authenticate against google directly and the be redirected back to the captive portal page.
    Sorry, I'm even less at the fringe of understanding. I would like to switch to google authentication this week. Could you describe from the end user point of view what oauth would look like?

I would wait for 13.1 before going to Google Oauth.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.