Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is also why some mobile devices will try to detect the captive portal and appropriately redirect you to the correct place or prompt you to authenticate before you open a web page.

It's also why some captive portals will default to BLOCKING all SSL traffic rather than redirecting until the user is authenticated. You can implement this in Untangle by using separate racks for unauthenticated traffic, and setting the firewall or application control/bandwidth control on that rack to block port 443. Then only plain-http traffic will reach the captive portal page. Of course, this need to go hand in hand with out-of-band communication to users about your requirements.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 8GB with Untangle 12.2 to protect 200Mbits for ~400 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Quote Originally Posted by jcoehoorn View Post
    This is also why some mobile devices will try to detect the captive portal and appropriately redirect you to the correct place or prompt you to authenticate before you open a web page.

It's also why some captive portals will default to BLOCKING all SSL traffic rather than redirecting until the user is authenticated. You can implement this in Untangle by using separate racks for unauthenticated traffic, and setting the firewall or application control/bandwidth control on that rack to block port 443. Then only plain-http traffic will reach the captive portal page. Of course, this need to go hand in hand with out-of-band communication to users about your requirements.
    Thank you so much

I'm currently installing the latest version of untangle on my HP i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD machine. But any time I run into this error

"installation step failed
    an installation step failed. you can try to run the failing item againfrom the menu, o skip it and
    choose something else. the failing step is: select and install software" I tried both USB and CD installation but still the same. Could some one please assist me on this?
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12