Untanglit

Default Captive Portal Issue on Logging out User from the Admin UI and other issue

Hello All,

I'm facing 2 issues for a while with the captive portal, not sure if anyone is also facing. So, let me explain them below:

1) When I try to logout any user from the captive portal, I get the error below:
    captive.jpg

2) Sometimes, the captive portal allows unauthenticated users. Which I can see on the logs of the firewall. In the screenshot below, it shows that connections without username are hitting the firewall (dropped by policy) .. When I tried to add a rule to allow all unauthenticated users to be able to connect to the firewall only, none were able to reach the login page.
    reports.jpg

I need assistance to resolve these two issues.

#1, this is resolved in future builds.
    #2, I'm not sure what your issue is or what you are trying to do. Perhaps trying choosing a specific session and show it in the reports and describe how it was handled and how it was handled differently than you expected (or wanted) to handle it.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    #1, this is resolved in future builds.
    #2, I'm not sure what your issue is or what you are trying to do. Perhaps trying choosing a specific session and show it in the reports and describe how it was handled and how it was handled differently than you expected (or wanted) to handle it.
    @dmorris: Thank you for your reply.

1) I did receive an upgrade couple days ago, nothing resolved yet .. And when I opened a ticket with the support team, I was told to open a thread on the forums.
    2) I don't really get you .. What happens with me is: I have some firewall rules that works for specific users, sometimes, I find traffic not working, when I checked, I found that the logs on the firewall was without a username. So, I have to go manually in the captive portal and logout each user, and login in again from every device.

I think I'll reimage my device, but will keep this as a last resort.

Untanglit

adding to the above, for the first issue, I was told by the support that it wasn't a known thing and they couldn't replicate it ..

Untanglit

@dmorris: Have you checked the issue?