Default network access control with captive portal

it was my understanding that captive portal by default will block all network activity, I enable the portal and when I get the portal login screen I cancel and I'm able to browse the network. what am I doing wrong. please help.

What cancel button? By default there is no cancel button on login captive portal.
    Last edited by jcoffin; 03-04-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I'm sorry my mistake,what I meant is if I close de login page, and not log in, I'm still able to access local resources like use remote desktop and browse any resources on the local network, I tough untangle will capture all traffic and prevent me from accessing any resources if I'm no login

If the traffic is not going through Untangle (local traffic) it goes through the network switch not the firewall. Untangle cannot block traffic it does not see.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by ebnu View Post
    I tough[sic] untangle will capture all traffic and prevent me from accessing any resources
    Untangle only captures traffic that passes through it. Properly configured, only traffic headed to or from the internet passes through Untangle. Local traffic does not pass through Untangle, and therefore is not captured or reported. This is how all edge firewalls work.

If you want a full-on NAC solution, you must also have 802.1x capable switching and APs in place and configured.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 14.1.1 to protect 500Mbits for ~400 residential college students and associated staff and faculty