Default Captive Portal Capture

Setup: Broadband Router/Modem ----> Untangle -----> PoE Switch with Wireless AP's connected ------> Switch linked to Desktop LAN.

Trying to Capture only AP's with Captive Portal. Created User ID & P/W in Local Directory.

Setting Capture Rules as "Source Address" is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with action as "Capture".

Similarly, "Source Interface" with "Internal or "Non-WAN" gives the same result as below.

But whole network is being captured even with specifi9c IP's given. Have to Pass by giving client IP address. But this method is not feasible with over 50 desktop clients & growing.

Please suggest how I can capture ONLY Wireless AP. And also how to give range of IP to capture.

Thanks in advance.

Place the WAP on its own subnet (separate internal interface) within UT.
    Vanguard Untangle...because nothing's worse than doing nothing!
    -------
    2, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2599.968, 2089.96MB RAM

Thank you for the quick response.
    Do you mean putting in another NIC on the server ?

In Capture Rules, will it give me choice of "All Internal" after I put in another NIC ?

Also in Scenario 2, I have existing network with WAP & others mixed i.e. WAP & Desktops from the same switches.
    What do I do in this case ?

You either need another NIC, or you need a WAP that can stuff clients on a VLAN so you can use a VLAN enabled interface on Untangle. Which incidentally, is handled as another NIC.

That other NIC can be bridged to Internal to maintain the IP space of the interior network, or it can be statically configured and create an entirely new network. Either way, you can capture based on source interface and only get the devices you want.

If your WAP doesn't have the ability to tag an SSID to a VLAN, you're going to have trouble. If you don't have a switch that can pass VLAN tags, you're going to have trouble.

Finally, please be aware none of this has anything to do with Untangle. This is network segmentation, you have to do this any time you need a network to have different access types and rules. Untangle may enforce these boundaries, but so can 100 other things. Which means technically, this request is beyond the scope of these forums. But we're helping anyway, because that's the sort of place this is.
    f1assistance likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Understood. Absolutely true.

In future , will try to keep it to Untangle related - as much as possible.

Highly indebted to you.
    Thank you.

Don't be shy, ask away! These forums are great about supporting everything, it's just that we may or may not be able to help with the specifics on this one.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com