Default Captive Portal remote logout

Upgraded to latest release:

As of now the way to logout someone from captive portal is by

1) IP Address/capture/logout/ from the device needing logging out
    or
    2) from the Untangle GUI

We are making a Intranet Portal for our camp with one of the features we want is the abilty for the parents to log out there children if needed.

So, we can make a script to do this , but we need to somehow grab the username and associate it with the devices IP address and run the script to logout the user by username. The easiest way we think would be to just querry the untangle postgress DB table that holds this information, but we can not connect to the Untangle DB even after reading all the forums on how to do this, which all seem to be older post.

The question is then , does anyone have current clear instructions how to currently connect to untangle postgres ?
    Or does anyone know another way to do what we are trying to do without connecting to postgres?

Thank you in advance for anyone who would take the time to respond!

Untangle Ninja

Hi jshelley,

You don't have an internal domain where you can use the Active Directory Server Login Montior (https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/..._Monitor_Agent) ?

Else I would just advice everyone to use the Captiveportal logout uri.

https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Captive_Portal

How can I allow users to log themselves out of Captive Portal?

If you need users to be able to log themselves out, they can browse to <Untangle's_LAN_IP>/capture/logout to make this happen.
    Or should I read your request that Parents form another unit want to be able to disable user x on another unit?

Thank you WebFool, I will look more into Active Director Server Login Monitor to see if we can extract the information to be utilized by out web portal we are developing.

“Or should I read your request that Parents form another unit want to be able to disable user x on another unit?”

Yes this is more of the idea. We are making a simple web application using php and bootstrap. We will have a front end that the parents can log into to see who is logged in on their home ID and be able to logout one device to allow room for another device, being only three devices per family. We are a non-profit and want to keep cost down yet still provide web filtering, so we all agreed to limit 3 devices per family.
    In order to do this we need to query a database that has who is currently logged in and what is the users IP address to run the log out script. Even now we can log someone out other then ourselves if we have their IP address. That’s the idea. Thank you .

Untangle Ninja

jshelley,

Why not use Policy manager and allow parents to set a scheduled for when user/device should have access or not?

I do not think that would be very practical in this situation, thank you though. We have 70 staff families with kids going to school online because of covid, and the times change day to day. Is it just not possible to connect to Untangle postgres?

Untangle Ninja

It is not supported.

What will stop them from logging in to captive portal or using a friends login?

If they give their password out , I guess nothing. It would not be a perfect system, just give some ability for the parents to have good stewardship over the resources entrusted to them. We are just looking to give the parents some local adjustments at the homes that normally only I.T admins have. It would be really nice if untangle could have role based privileges that could be assigned to parents. Then the parents could have more control what happens in their homes and not I.T personal, especially in this age of covid we seem to be living in for now. That's what we are trying to develop this web app using freeradius, porstres, php , bootstrap and we are getting close to finishing it , just a few things in our way, like postgres on Untangle. But we think we have a way around it just using the custom portal pages, wish they where php, would be easier for us, but we are close.

Untangle Ninja

Look at Tags and Events as well..

It might be easier to just add a TAG on a user that makes him/her go in to a "block rack".