Untanglit

Default Error: Failed to connect to cmd . . . also UT shows offline in Command Center page.

Hi,

Anyone else having difficulty with Command Center. 2 of my UT NG Firewall devices show "offline" in Command Center and the error "Failed to connect to cmd" also shows in notifications. Interestingly, Command Center shows my other two UT NG's 'Online" and with firmware 15.1.0 My other two devices that are disconnected show firmware 15.1 Thanks in advance.

Untangler

I checked my NG Firewall, and it's showing 15.1.0 too and is connecting to Command Center ok, so I can confirm that I'm not seeing the same thing. Did you try going to the Appliance Administration and toggling "Connect to Command Center" in Config->Support?
    Heather P
    Untangle Product Team

Untanglit

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did toggle the Connect to Command Center in Config-Support. Also checked cmd.untangle.com in Troubleshooting and it resolves fine. Sorry if my OP wasn't clear- the only thing that I can note is that both devices that cannot connect to CC are running 15.1 firmware, while the devices that can connect and show no error (2 of each) are running 15.1.0 firmware according to Command Center. Thanks for your help.

Untangler

Interesting on the version. We have had a couple of date updates to the 15.1 release since it started rolling out. I wonder if you upgraded all 4 of them at the same time or perhaps picked up a different date release for two of them? Here's our date changelog.
    Heather P
    Untangle Product Team

Untanglit

So, will not being able to connect to cmd.untangle.com by the UTNG keep it from updating? Will a future update solve this problem? Thanks.

Refresh the browser.
    Do you have any administrative alerts on the NGFW GUI?
    hpaunet likes this.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by junglechuck View Post
    Also checked cmd.untangle.com in Troubleshooting and it resolves fine.
    Try the connection test to port 443 on cmd.untangle.com to make sure it says the port is open. Have you tried reaching out to our support team on this issue?
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Untanglit

@Jim.Alles, I did, but now everything seems to be resolved. No errors and firmware for both devices is 15.1.0 Thank you for responding.

Untanglit

@bcarmichael. Earlier when the error was present I checked cmd.untangle.com with ping and dns and both worked. Error has now disappeared, and all my devices show 15.1.0 firmware. Thanks for responding.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by junglechuck View Post
    @Jim.Alles, I did, but now everything seems to be resolved. No errors and firmware for both devices is 15.1.0 Thank you for responding.
    Thanks for letting us know that this is resolved. Happy to have you back with a fully functional Command Center for all your appliances. Something must have changed over the 24 hour period, or updated.
    Heather P
    Untangle Product Team