WCS

Default Need to restore appliance after SSD failure from cloud backup

The SSD in my appliance failed. It takes daily cloud backups. I see the backups listed. All I want to do is download the current backup so I can restore it. The instructions sound simple:

Restoring from Backup in Command Center

If you have the Configuration Backup service app installed and enabled, backups will be stored daily in Command Center.

In order to view/download your backup configuration file from Command Center, go to Appliances > Cloud Backups. From there, you will see a blue hyperlink underneath MD5. By clicking the link with the correct timestamp, the download for the backup file will begin.
    But instead of the backup downloading, it opens a new window that says:

Specified appliance does not exist or no appliance found
    There are also two buttons below the list of backups. One says : "Create Backup" and the other says: "Restore Backup". When I select "Create Backup" it pops up a window that says:
    Are you sure you would like to create a backup from the selected appliance?
    Selecting this pops up:
    Backup created successfully!
    But I have zero idea where that backup goes to or if that is something I can download. Selecting "Restore Backup" appears to want to restore the failed UID that no longer exists. How do I restore the rebuilt fresh install box?

Yeah, someone screwed up pretty hard on the UI update for the Command Center, because I can't download a backup either.

And you MUST be able to download it, so you can restore it to a different UID'd install, join that appliance to the back end, and move your sub to it.

That is, unless the process has changed... but if that's true and I don't know about it, that's yet another problem.

Given the time sensitive nature of this I'd CALL support... NOW.

It looks like the backup's name is supposed to be a link to the backup file, but the new UI simply isn't getting a correct link.

*Edit* I think someone is kicking it right now because my cmd center just reverted to the old UI.

https://www.untangle.com/cmd-old/

Try this link to get into your old appliances list to download from there.

*edit 2*
    Nope not working there either...

*Edit 3*

I called Untangle Support and spoke with Austin, Untangle is now aware of the issue and grabbing the appropriate hammers.

In the meantime, I reiterate CALL THEM. They can pull your backup and email it to you in the meantime.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 02-02-2021 at 05:08 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

As sky-knight expressed, a fix is already in the works and should be pushed out soon.

In the mean time, if there are backups available in the cloud and you need a backup immediately, please open a support ticket providing the UID of the device and we can help you out.

WCS

I pulled the current backup from the cmd-old link. Thanks!

Edit: Oops, it didn't work. I was looking at an old backup that was already there and thought it downloaded. Been working too long today. I had my old appliance sitting in the closet for about 2 years just in case this ever happened and have it running until I get this one recovered.
    Last edited by WCS; 02-02-2021 at 08:39 PM.