Default Work in progress theme sneak peak

This is still pretty rough around the edges, but I thought I'd give a sneak peek of a skin I'm working on. Doesn't seem like many people are creating skins for Untangle. The skin cookbook is lacking a few details, so maybe people just don't want to mess with it.

I'm still figuring out where to affect certain changes. For instance, I can't find any reference, or find any clues, about the chart and chart axis colors. I'm still trying to figure out where the extj stuff fits in. I'd like to change the 'settings' and 'help' buttons on the nodes, but haven't found where they're styled yet. I'd like to change the left-hand menu colors, but haven't found those yet either.

Lots of general cleanup to do too. I haven't decided on the final styling for each rack node yet, for instance. I just wire-framed it out with the rough color I was going for. Probably keep clean lines, and do some slight color variations. Let me know what you think.

untangleskin.png

Nice!
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

very cool. you should steal the new icons for the config stuff from the current default skin.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I definitely need to spend time on the icons. Just roughing something out at this point. I mostly like the new default skin. Just personal preference for a darker scheme. I've got some graphics and icons from some personal control page efforts I'm working on, so I thought I'd see if I could skin Untangle to be somewhat consistent with them.

Is anyone able to point me to the styles/images that affect the actual buttons (on the nodes and in the config menu)? They aren't jumping out at me. I think I've pretty well found everything that controls the text and icons that appear on the buttons, just not the actual buttons themselves.

Anyone out there in Untangle land familiar with skins in UT 9.3? I believe I found the components to alter tab and button colors/construction, but when I make those changes and upload the skin files, it does not appear to be changing on the server. It's as if the elements in the /images/gray folder are not being used (like it's actually pulling them from somewhere else on the server).

Image links in ext-skin.css also don't seem to be respected.

I'm still poking around, but I haven't been able to affect a change on anything in ext-skin.css or in the default 'gray' image folder that I can tell.

I'm attaching a screen shot that shows the elements I'm having trouble skinning. Any guidance would be appreciated. Seems like these are part of the extjs framework. I've edited graphic elements called out in ext-skin.css, to no avail.
    tactical2.png