Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dell Rack v0.75 (Bug Fix)

Here is Dell Rack v0.75 (Bug Fix)

Well it seems that the DIV ID's are generated randomly for the individual buttons so there is still no proper fix. So I just removed the adjustments I made to the class for the button group that messed everything up. It throws the buttons down a bit, but it makes everything else work, so that's how it has to be for now. Technically if they just assign a unique class to the rack buttons to separate them from everything else it would be a great start. That and it's the most easily implemented fix which can be done by adding another class to the CSS file and updating it in the core files. If anybody is interested, let me know and I will see if I can find out where it is stored and post up the modified file for your own doing.

Changes:
    Bug fix for class issue.

Known bugs:
    Due to the previous shared class issue causing problems administering the Untangle server. I have opted to have the front end buttons shift to the default position to correct the administration issues. It is obviously more important that you can use the system and not just look at how pretty it is. I may go back later and make a little bigger 1U racks. They would be the same size as the default template 1U's.

edit by admin: here is the version for ut 6.1 and later
    http://forums.untangle.com/custom-sk...6-1-6-2-a.html
    Last edited by MikeTrike; 07-08-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    Dude, Where's My Car?

Hey Mike,

glad you fixed it, I'm using sort of a custom deal here...

can you just post the segment of code you removed and added for me to compare to so that I can get mine fixed as well? I'm not much of a .css expert.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewster727 View Post
    Hey Mike,

glad you fixed it, I'm using sort of a custom deal here...

can you just post the segment of code you removed and added for me to compare to so that I can get mine fixed as well? I'm not much of a .css expert.

thanks.
    Just open up your admin.css for that template and at the very bottom you will see the following code. Also I am curious as to what modifications you made, anything worth sharing?

.x-panel-btns-ct {
    padding: 0;
    position: absolute;
    top: -13px;
    left: 48px;
    }
    Change it to:
    .x-panel-btns-ct {
    padding: 0;
    }
    Dude, Where's My Car?

thanks dude

What kind of modifications have you done? If you send over your template I can take a look for you.
    Dude, Where's My Car?

after that modification...i have no idea why...but my firefox freaked out on me and wont display any of the images from the ..\images\gray\ folder

even after I change the admin.css file back to the way it was...I also tried a backup of my previous one. Its still jacked.

IE shows them fine!!!!!

see this here:

and one of the menu screens here:
    Last edited by Drewster727; 02-25-2009 at 08:07 PM.

ahh, files get cached a lot, anytime you make a css change do CTRL+SHIFT+DEL and clear your cache before you reload. also when reloading do a hard refresh CTRL+F5 my bad :-P
    Dude, Where's My Car?

yea I definitely did that, thats just weird. ) lol im not that newb!!

its all good, I repackaged my changes with it and its all better.

but, when I enter my reports node the archived reports/view report buttons are shoved up to the top, so it does not seem like that fixed it. Must be one of those CSS DIV problems you mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by Drewster727; 02-25-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Just tried loading this skin on the Beta 6.1 but I does not show up in the list. Would this be because it is the beta version or am I doing something wrong. I uploaded the zip file as it was downloaded and it did upload ok.

DiddyDave - v6.1 is totally different and previous skins currently will not work on them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast