Untangler

Default Need clarifiation before I proceed.

The only way I could get Untangle server to work on our network, at the moment was to monitor the traffic between firewall and internet, so that means individual I.Ps are not tracked, rather the IP that is shown is from the Firewall's IP accessing the internet.

If we purchase the Directory Connector will it be able to track individuals through A/D? or do I need to reconfigure everything so that individual I.P.s are tracked as well?

No. Traffic is still identified by IP, so it won't work.

Why won't the Untangle work inside your firewall?
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untangler

With our current network configuration this is the only way I can get Untangle to work.

(ISP Router)==>(UT Bridge Mode)==>(Firewall)==>(Switch)

We utilize Internet purely for internet traffic and MPLS for Business Data lines.

The way everything is configured at the moment, that above diagram is the only way I can get it working.

However if individual IP's need to be tracked, I will have to work with our U.S. office to reconfigure the way the firewall is setup to allow for the individual IP Tracking. I can then purchase the Directory Connector.

I just needed the clarification.

PS: Here is the thread about why and I configured untangle on our network.
    http://forums.untangle.com/networkin...-failed-3.html