Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Directory Connector – no users in Username Map screen

Thanks in advanced if anyone can help me with this issue. I’m new to Untangle so please excuse if I’m not precise in my terms of the product. I have installed the trial for the Directory Connector to check it out.

I have gone thru the setup, of the AD connector.

I have clicked on the “AD Test” and it passed.

I have clicked on the “AD Users” button and it lists my 30 users on my network.

I have downloaded the AD Script and added it to my Global Policy.

When I go to the Directory Connector – status tab – Username Map (current), I do not see any users in the field.

On a test PC I have even manually double clicked and ran the AD script thinking I made an error putting the file in the Global Policy but it still does not show up in the list.

I have done this setup for another company on a different server & network and ran the same steps and it works fine there. The only difference is that the one it’s working on they are running SBS 2003 server. The one that I’m having issues on their network they have SBS 2008. Anyone have idea’s on why everything seems to be setup correctly but no one shows up in the Username Map list? I am running Untangle build 7.4.0. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Jeff

welcome.

if you're bridging, i would check that interfaces aren't reversed. please give us a call on our support line so we can assist you with the trial.

Richie, thank you for the quick reply. Yes I am running in bridge mode. I will check out your suggestion on if the interface if they are reversed. Is that something simple as switching the cables on the back of the Untangle Server? I would think that if I have them backwards my other apps that I have installed - Web Filter & Protocol Control would not work. Or am I wrong in assuming that.
    I would call support but I'm trying to do multiple things today and I'm sort of on a budget with this project so I don't really have the cash right now to pay a support call. I was hoping to get it resolved thru the smart folk on the forum site. Thanks.

Jeff_S, pre-sales support is available for no charge for getting paid products set up.

Do you have http administration turned off?
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

M, attached screen shot is what my setting are at. I have all the defaults. I did see a " * " in the documentation about considerations on Windows 2008 & SBS 2008 servers. I followed the instructions but was a little lost as Untangle said that "you must disable the signed LDAP security requirement" but there is no actual "disable" in the security settings. It's either None or Require signing. By default mine is set to None which says that "Data signing is not required in order to bind with the server" I assume when Untangle means "disable" they mean None? Yes/No?

What about the switching of the cables as suggested by Richie, or does that not apply now since my other apps work. Thanks.

Untangle Ninja

I see this when our teachers start off with their wireless. They then plug the ethernet cable in to do some larger transfers and leave the wireless on. You get a blank name entry in the ethernet address and the name stays in the wireless ip entry. This causes them to fall into a very restricted rack as there is no username.

Lannie

Lschafroth, thanks for that info. While most of the people here are on laptops so I will keep that in mind. But the Test machine I'm using to try and figure out my issue is a desktop PC and has no wireless card in it. But thanks for the info, hopefully I'll be able to figure out what is causing my problem.

Seems i am in this same boat, my UT box is configured in router mode, i connect, it shows my users fine, i enforced the policy in my DC and did a repadmin /syncall to pass it to my other 2 DC's, logged off my account, and logged back in but see nothing yet to show any mapping, no wireless, all wired.

My script is in a shared directory all users have access to, one question, does UT allow $ in network file names?

i use for example:

\\server\folder$\

for the share name.

[EDIT] moved the file to a directory with no $ and read permission for everyone and still showing me nothing.
    Last edited by Mathiau; 11-15-2010 at 05:29 PM.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb

enforced the rules, rebooted the DC controllers, created a new DC user account but still isn't showing me anything.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb

Guys, please call support with Directory Connector issues, we will be happy to help you get this working.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast