Master Untangler

Default Sessions showing as coming from user not logged into Windows server any more

I use the Active Directory update service on my Windows Server 2016 domain controllers. It works pretty well over all.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that even after a user logs off new sessions still show up as the previous user. I verified none of the services are running as a named user, and verified no one is logged into the server.

It is basically like it is never getting the logoff event from the domain controller, so still thinks the old user is logged in (?).

I double checked the installation guide for the connector service, verified the requested registry settings to setup logon and logoff auditing are turned on, and am kind of stumped now.

Anyone else see this?

Master Untangler

Never did figure this out after trying MANY different registry settings both at the local registry and domain group policy side.

Instead I uninstalled the active directory connector and changed to using logon/logoff scripts to do the update. That seems to work as expected, and only took a couple minutes to setup the GPO.

So far no more miss-identified sessions.