Untangler

Default Radius connection to AD/NPS

Would anyone have a walkthrough of their successful config of Windows 2012 R2 NPS connecting via Untangle Radius?
    I'm probably overlooking something hopefully obvious, but I've setup a real simple NPS policy but Untangle keeps saying auth failed.
    NPS log keeps saying result code 48 of a bad config. It's simple enough I'm not sure what may not be correct.

Thanks!

Untangler

Do you have Untangle connected to AD via the Directory Connector, or are you planning to only use the RADIUS option in the Directory Connector?

Untangler

I figured it out already, but since there was no activity on this thread I didn't come back to it.

I currently have AD connected via the connector, but Radius requires a separate setup to AD

Untangler

Yes you're right. I "cheat" and use the NPS setup wizard in Server 2012 R2 on my primary domain controller after I install the NPS feature. That makes sure that NPS is already authorized to AD.

Untangler

I had found a guide for what to set for NPS policies and one of them was for the connection request policy. The condition used in the example was for Client name or something name based.
    I don't quite know what name untangle was sending in terms of it's 'name', but in the normal/ever cryptic logs for NPS all I could see was that it was a policy mismatch or something like that. Ended up specifying the Client IPv4 Address and it liked that.

Untangler

Where is this guide you found?

Untangler

It was aimed at a Cisco setup but it seemed to hit all the major points needed for the most part:
    http://thesolving.com/server-room/co...sco-vpn-users/