Default Untangle still authenticating AD account even with app off/removed?

Hi all,

I set up the Directory Connector to hit one of my AD DCs just to test it out, creating a test AD service account for it to use. I don't really have any need for the connector, so I turned it off by unchecking the box under Active Directory. I also disabled the service account in AD. After this, I noticed every 30 minutes on the dot, the DC I specified was logging a failure security event id 4776 for the service account. I double checked and no connectors were enabled, but the app itself was still in the rack, so I removed it. On the next 30-minute cycle, sure enough, there's still the authentication attempt.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Build: 14.0.1.20180827T111844.4c1932f659-1stretch
    Kernel: 4.9.0-7-untangle-amd64

After getting highly annoyed by this, I rebooted the Untangle box and the authentications have stopped. Thought this might be useful to others.

Quote Originally Posted by ntguru View Post
    Hi all,

I set up the Directory Connector to hit one of my AD DCs just to test it out, creating a test AD service account for it to use. I don't really have any need for the connector, so I turned it off by unchecking the box under Active Directory. I also disabled the service account in AD. After this, I noticed every 30 minutes on the dot, the DC I specified was logging a failure security event id 4776 for the service account. I double checked and no connectors were enabled, but the app itself was still in the rack, so I removed it. On the next 30-minute cycle, sure enough, there's still the authentication attempt.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Build: 14.0.1.20180827T111844.4c1932f659-1stretch
    Kernel: 4.9.0-7-untangle-amd64