Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Angry Workaround

THE SCRIPT WOULD NOT WORK AS A LOGON SCRIPT AS IT WAS TIMING OUT NO MATTER WHAT SETTINGS I USED.

What I did was amend our current logon script with the following lines:-

Const OverwriteExisting = True
    Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    objFSO.CopyFile "\\UNC PATH\BBUntangle-AD.*" , "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\", OverwriteExisting

As I had already test the script on running directly on a PC I knew it was good so what I was doing was copying the logon script to the All Users Startup folder. This will run the script after login thus preventing the timeout issue. I do have a small niggle in that it is popping up warnings on users PC but I can live with that for the moment.

If anyone has a better solution please let me know.

Hope this Helps

Untangler

This is how I did it and this is the write up I give my techs to configure, works perfect for us. Not sure what ad server you have but should be close if not sbs 2003

To add logon script for Untangle Directory Connector on SBS 2003 Server follow the below steps

Enable Directory connector on Active Directory Connector Tab (Untangle).
    Enter Ip address of server (domain controller)for AD server IP
    Enter Administrator and password
    Leave port 389
    Active Directory domain is domain.local (change domain to your domain name)
    Leave Organization blank
    Click AD login Script button to download script
    Save to share that all users can access
    Open Group Policy Management under Administrative Tools
    Expand Forest:domain name, Domains, Domain Name
    Right click on Default Domain Policy, choose edit
    Group Policy Object Editor will open
    Expand User configuration, Windows Settings
    Click on Scripts in left window
    Double click Logon in right window
    Click add
    Browse to network share that has script from earlier (make sure all users have access to this share)
    Click Ok to add
    Test it by going to Status tab of Directory Connector and having someone logon to domain. (click refresh after user has logged in)

The problems you guys are describing are always resolved by setting login scripts to run asynchronously.

The login script never terminates by design, so it is killed by windows after the default 20 minute time out if login scripts are set to run synchronously. Why it's set to 20 minutes by default baffles the mind.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

longest running thread ever?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I was just wondering if anyone has had the problem where the script is not actually applying and they have to double click on it from a shared drive.

We run an AD domain and the script is applied via group policies from the Logon scripts policy.

One problem is that it doesn't apply for everyone, and the other problem is that it seems to drop out after some time and then they have to double click on the the script from a share to re-establish a connection.

thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234