Thread: Getting Z4w

Master Untangler

Default Getting Z4w

Hi all.
    Does command center come with the Home Pro license? I think I read it does. But I've also read it comes with Complete.

I'm curious because I'm getting the Z4w soon and documentation says you can set it up with command center and dont even have to touch the appliance. If tru how does that work? Dont I have to connect via ethernet to do the setup wizard right when I turn it on for the first time?

Thank you.

Every Untangle has access to Command Center since it is the vehicle to manage your licenses. With that said, you do get some features locked out without Complete license such as Policies templating.
    https://www.untangle.com/cloud/command-center/
    "All NG Firewall deployments have access to basic Command Center features including remote access."

There is no magic to zero touch provisioning, the device must have Internet access either through DHCP or static network address. You must have Complete license for this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

For a single device Command Center is an unnecessary and wasted step. Just make sure your backups are working properly and you have access to them. Other than that hitting the device directly is the easiest.

Master Untangler

One thing I was looking at it for is remote admin. Anyway. Thanks.

I don't like using the Command Center for initial setup either, nothing beats the simplicity of plugging in a keyboard / mouse / monitor and letting it rip.

But, by all means turn that bad boy on, you're basically going to be there anyway. Because you need to add the UID of the server to your Untangle.com account to apply your sub anyway.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

I'm still confused on this one point.

Since I'm local, will I be able to connect via ethernet for the first run setup? Like go to local ip of the Untangle on my Macbook and up pops the setup wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post
    I'm still confused on this one point.

Since I'm local, will I be able to connect via ethernet for the first run setup? Like go to local ip of the Untangle on my Macbook and up pops the setup wizard?
    You can, the 2nd interface defaults to 192.168.2.1 if I recall correctly. But I still prefer just connecting a keyboard, monitor, and mouse to the appliance and going from there.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    You can, the 2nd interface defaults to 192.168.2.1 if I recall correctly. But I still prefer just connecting a keyboard, monitor, and mouse to the appliance and going from there.
    Thanks Sky. I don’t have any of that. No desktop. Just my MacBook Pro. No keyboard or mouse etc.

Quote Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post
    Thanks Sky. I don’t have any of that. No desktop. Just my MacBook Pro. No keyboard or mouse etc.
    Connect DHCP-configured laptop into the internal interface NIC and open a browser to http://192.168.2.1/.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com