Lightbulb Eicar Virus Detection Failure

As an Untangle Partner we need a simple and safe way to be able to demonstrate to clients that Untangle can stop viruses and other malicious software.

A test we use for AVG is to attempt to download the sample virus from eicar_org/anti_virus_test_file.htm (add a .org back in there to make the link work) that throws up an infected file dialog from AVG. Unfortunately neither the free antivirus nor the Kaspersky antivirus we purchased as part of our Partner Pack actually detects this file.

Is there another sample we could use that will be detected by Untangle or are there plans to add this sample virus to the heuristic scanner?

Also limiting posting of url's for new members seems counter productive to using these forums for feedback from partners.

I had this problem when I first installed UT and I can't remember what the problem was. It's working fine now, though. We're using Kaspersky and it detects EICAR with no problem. I wish I could remember if I ever figured out why it wasn't working at first or if it just started working.
    Disclaimer: I may or may not have had enough coffee when I'm posting. Interpret my responses thusly.

http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar_com.zip

if your untangle doesn't block that something isn't correct.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by zigzap View Post
    Also limiting posting of url's for new members seems counter productive to using these forums for feedback from partners.
    so is the massive amount of forum spam we get.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I am having the same problem with the base Virus blocked. The Opensource blocker is not blocking EICAR but Kaspersky (running in on triail basis) did block the test virus. Strangely before the 7.00 upgrade, the Opensource blocker did prevent the EICAR test virus. I performed an in place upgrade so I may do a total reload of the box to make sure everything was properly upgraded.