Default WAN balancing payment

WAN balancing and WAN failover must be free or should be a one-time payment.

Untangle Ninja

Hi ssonbilen and welcome to the forum,

I don't have the full info here.
    But normaly untangle only sell apps that they need to buy license or code/updates.

And i know that they hade problems with the WAN failover/Balancer so it think that they bought some tehnology for that.

So thay have to get $ in some how.
    and the only way the have (before) was montly pay. so i can se how they just added the new packets in the same way.

But i agree a option for a one-time payment would be nice.

Untangler

most commercial wan balancers cost a HELL of a lot more than untangle, if anything I would say its cheap.

Untanglit

Default WAN Failover

Yes , WAN Balacing and WAN Failover should either free or one time payment. I found endian UTM provide free for WAN balacing and WAN failover , even able authenticated through LDAP. very nice features.

I don't agree that it should be free. However, I do agree that it should be a one-time payment. The world is requesting subscriptions to everything.

For my customers (SMB & SOHO), they want 1-time purchases.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by Skathen View Post
    most commercial wan balancers cost a HELL of a lot more than untangle, if anything I would say its cheap.
    Very high prices, $160, ONE SIXTY! for this one:

Linksys RV042

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch...iteria=3485221

vs $540 a year for the Pro package for a 25 node office.

Needing Dual Wan with Loadbalancing/Failover, along with solid VOIP support, I ended up going with Endian, with Sonicwall as an alternative for a few customers that wanted more features and were willing to pay for it.

I do check back on Untangle periodically, as it really kicked some rear in a lot of ways, and if it becomes workable in the make or break areas I need (VOIP and Dual WAN) I'll switch back to it.

Well, and if the price comes down. Sonicwall is cheaper.