Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default HTTP Quarantine Digest?

Hi guys,

I guess this would be a feature request, unless I missed a way to do it.

Would it be possible to add the ability to use HTTP for the quarantine digests? With the ability to have it on a non standard port so as to not interfere with other www stuff that may be shared behind it via port forwards?

I don't think its too big of a security hole since generally the only thing that is in there is spam. External management should stay HTTPS of course.

An expansion to this would be the ability to customize the wording of the quarantine digest. I get lots of calls from people asking what the digest is. Most of the people in my company are medical staff and not at all computer people. If I could change the subject to "Filtererd Spam List" people would know what it is and stop calling/emailing me about it..

Thoughts?
    Last edited by MrDragon; 08-19-2009 at 05:47 AM.

Untangler

I agree with this. The quarantine we use is internal only. No need for it to be secure. Would really like the option to edit the quarantine email.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    An expansion to this would be the ability to customize the wording of the quarantine digest. I get lots of calls from people asking what the digest is. Most of the people in my company are medical staff and not at all computer people. If I could change the subject to "Filtererd Spam List" people would know what it is and stop calling/emailing me about it..
    Very useful feedback!

As a thought exercise - if you could write whatever you wanted in the email - what text would you write?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle Ninja

You can now edit the quarantine message.
    All you need to know is some HTML :P

Read this thread.
    http://forums.untangle.com/spam-bloc...gest-mail.html

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    Hi guys,

I guess this would be a feature request, unless I missed a way to do it.

Would it be possible to add the ability to use HTTP for the quarantine digests? With the ability to have it on a non standard port so as to not interfere with other www stuff that may be shared behind it via port forwards?

I don't think its too big of a security hole since generally the only thing that is in there is spam. External management should stay HTTPS of course.

Thoughts?
    I second that thought. We only use it internally and our end users contstantly have troubles with the WARNING!! text they get every time

Even though we've shown them how to add an exception, they always come back to me asking how.

Lannie

Thanks for the info WebFooL,

I have no fear of editing files, but didn't know which was the one until now

One question though.. would it change with updates/upgrades and have to be re-done?

Is the file backed up with the "backup settings to file" option in case I need to restore it later? I would be surprised if it is since its not an official setting in the UVM GUI.

Its my general practice to keep things as stock as possible outside normal settings and document any out of the ordinary stuff because you never know when someone else will have to work on it...

I guess the fact that it can be done makes me happy, but I would still like it better as a feature request for future updates/version enhancement.

lschafroth, I ended up adding an ssl cert to my untangle just for this alone.. I got one through godaddy for 2 years for pretty cheap (apache cert).. Make sure if you do it you are using HTTP to manage untangle because if you are managing with HTTPS, it will hose the web interface permanently when you add it...
    Last edited by MrDragon; 10-15-2009 at 06:55 AM.

Untangle Ninja

MrDragon,
    I checkt my system right now and it was overwritten during the update to 7.0.
    But i always have a backup so i just restored that file.
    If you are handy you can change untangles backup script to include this file.

Untangle Ninja

Don't know if this will work.
    but in ""/usr/share/untangle/toolbox/untangle-casing-mail-impl/com/untangle/node/mail/impl/quarantine/LinkGenerator.class"
    you can find
    Code:
    https://
    Try changing it to
    Code:
    http://

I will try it later to night.

I would imagine it would work.. I was able to click the link of one of my quarantine emails and change it to http://ipaddress/.... and it showed the quarantine contents like https.

Untangle Ninja

it was not that simple..

Attachment 1882

I will digg deaper in this during the weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast