Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Master Untangler

Looks good. I can't wait until it comes out. Are there any plans to work on the remote access portal in the next version? I read the changelog and it doesn't mention the remote access portal but it does say other numerous bug fixes and enhancements.

Keep up the good work. I have a professional subscription and an ultimate bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by lschafroth View Post
    where are you seeing the new report features?
    I want a peek.

Lannie
    Sorry, I should have worded that as 'the new reporting features sounds great', as I was referring to the read-out on it from the change log.

Any enhancements regarding SPAM filter ? Like the possibility to specify a different port than 25 to scan. My ISP blocks port 25 and I now have all my emails coming to my smtp server on port 2525. I would like to be able to specify a port in the SPAM filter module.

Thanks

Master Untangler

Does the spam filter not scan mail regardless of port? as mail will pass thru it anyway.

Looking forward to UT 7.0 release . . . I didn't bother to fix my issue with reporting on UT 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by joemailey View Post
    Does the spam filter not scan mail regardless of port? as mail will pass thru it anyway.
    No, spam filter only scans on port 25. I was poking around on a "search engine" and was seeing things about people is you situation. It looks like you could change the port the spam filter looks at, but it seems like a heck of a task.
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Quote Originally Posted by Solignis View Post
    No, spam filter only scans on port 25. I was poking around on a "search engine" and was seeing things about people is you situation. It looks like you could change the port the spam filter looks at, but it seems like a heck of a task.
    Beyond that, there is no situation that SMTP should be scanned on a non-standard port. If you have E-mail coming in on an non-standard port that means there is an SMTP relay upstream from the untangle protected mail server that is translating the mail to a different port. THAT server then assumes the role of anti-spam, it has to, as it is the only server with the perspective to do proper filtering.

To fix the situation complained about here, you need to put that SMTP server on a routed DMZ and force clients on the LAN to go through the SPAM filter as they pop mail... UT will filter from there.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Do we have any beta or alpha eta? I would be willing to test. I need reporting for my boss. As it stands, we cannot use 6.2 reports as they are full of adware and spyware junk which really clutters the reports making them hard to use if at all.

Lannie

Master Untangler

I'am very excited whenever the new version would come. I hope squid is there becuause our company has bandwidth restriction like just 12 GB per month so if you would include i would be very happy indeed .

Using untangle for 50 users. works very good

God bless untangle dev.

So when will this new version of Untangle come out? Any ETA?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast