Default Webcache? Webcache!

I'm an independent IT consultant providing support/implementation services for SMB and professional SOHO customers. I never implement anything for my customers which I have not implemented for myself.

I have been in-love of with Untangle for last 3 months for:

-- The UBER cool feature of commercial ad blocking while websurfing (and notification to the user thereof)

-- Content filtering capabilities

-- OpenVPN implementation (with an e-mailable/downloadable certificate pkg. SO cool). The OpenVPN is easy to use.

-- GUI front-end and GUI web administration.

However, I switched it out for Smoothwall 3.0 last night because of the lack of webcache.

The second that Untangle implements a webcache into the rack (doesn't have to be Squid; I'm not picky on WHICH one you use.), I'll fall back in love with Untangle and start selling it into my accounts.

PLEASE, implement a webcache. For most of my customers, they use web applications to conduct their business. Webcache is outstandingly important.

Thanks,
    Curtis

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by tastethepain View Post
    PLEASE, implement a webcache. For most of my customers, they use web applications to conduct their business. Webcache is outstandingly important.
    Agreed. Check out the discussion at this thread. Also be sure to vote for this feature!

Quote Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
    If you want this feature go to

http://bugzilla.untangle.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4015

And vote for “Bug# 4015”