Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Master Untangler

Angry For the love of jebus please give us IPSEC & PPTP!

We love UT, but hate it at the same time because it does not have IPSEC or PPTP and this leaves out all our Iphone users. Not to mention we cant use the native clients in every OS since WIN98SE!
    I know, I know you can pass this traffic through UT but I dont want to add another device. This should be an option as its the universal VPN protocol. Is anyone from UT listening to us here? I'm sure we would all pay for this.
    I know I'm venting but this just does not make any sense to me.

Well PPTP has been broken, IPSec support I think is on the list.

OpenVPN would work on your iPhones if Apple would get off their arses and let 3rd parties develop for them properly.

So while I sympathize with you because these features are important for Untangle. I don't grant much sympathy for use of devices that lock you in to the degree that all Apple products do. You bought the things... now you're stuck dealing with them.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Can you name any mobile device that supports OpenVPN? I can't. Hell its barely supported on OSX. And considering this is where we are headed we need to get on with a solution already.

Quote Originally Posted by trans_lux View Post
    Can you name any mobile device that supports OpenVPN? .
    Android does.

And windows mobile will soon.

My point is that OpenVPN as an organization isn't ALLOWED by apple to make the client. They are in beta phases for the windows mobile client, and several linux mobile OSs.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

Oh I get it the Blackberry and the Iphone are just niche fads. Who in there right mind would use WIN mobile?
    And openvpn on Android is not a reality. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551512

*I* use win mobile.

The day I bought one, took it a state away... got a message about an Exchange server failing, used my RDP client to punch into the server in question.. FIX THE THING, all while standing in line for Space Mountain? Windows Mobile won all competition...

iPhone has an RDP client option, and is an amazing product. It simply gives you no options to use it beyond Apple's limited view.

As for Blackberry... don't get me started. My clients are dropping them as fast as they can afford to for many reasons. And incidentally, no blackberry device I'm aware of has any VPN client in it anywhere.
    NexgenAppliances.com

I'll step onto the soapbox and beg for these 2 VPNs also....it would open up my options to introduce Untangle to many existing clients with WAN setups already existing. This means sales...because I do get a few paid for "Pro" packages along the way.

Just this week I finished a quote where I had to resort to PFSense instead...six of them! I would have loved to get UT into the quote instead, but I needed IPSec router to router tunnel functionality to blend into their existing and expanding setup.

PPTP is still great for quick remote support, so we can drill into their network in a minute.

Master Untangler

Do you also drive an AMC Pacer and wear a Members Only jacket?
    I do agree with everyone jumping ship from the BlackB but they are jumping to iPhones!

Just wait until we get Windows Mobile 7 with the new RDP client that takes advantage of the new touch features coming in the Windows 7 terminal service. :P

However, I agree with the shift from Blackberry to iPhone.. It's a HUGE step in the right direction.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast