Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

My users are having a similar issue regarding email. Does changing the settings in Protocol Control resolve issue even if you do not have the Protocol Control applet turned on?

Thanks.

for me it did not, I had to turn off all smtp options for: Phish, Spam, and Virus modules to start receiving SMTP again (could not even telnet to port 25 from outside the network). I believe you can reenable SMTP by clicking "System-->Protocol settings-->SMTP--> Reset to Enable SMTP email Processing." as pointed out by rogertroung, however I still cannot get passed the forever "Loading Config..." whenever I click on "Email" or "System". Yes, I tried Firefox, and no it did not work (versions 2, 3, and 3.5). I would just reboot the machine but I do not have access to it.

As for the auto upgrade / changing settings: ideally the machine should behave exactly as it did prior to the upgrade. That being said, bugs occur (both in the new version and old version) which makes this impossible, however it would be nice to have more testing of 7.0 beta and an auto update feature which does not auto upgrade to .0 releases (always a bad idea).
    Last edited by sonoffett; 10-05-2009 at 11:03 AM.

Default now able to receive, but cannot send...

I was having an issue receiving emails earlier, but I was able to send earlier when the KuGoo and Xunlei protocols were blocked. I removed them and now I am able to receive, but I cannot send... Any ideas, anybody?

UT doesn't filter outgoing SMTP by default. So unless you tinkered with the policies you've got another issue to track down.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

In 7.0 there is an option to enable Outbound SMTP scanning, and I am very happy for it.
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Yes I see the option, but if the default policy isn't change the Spam module will still never see the traffic for that box to mean anything.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

OK, I'm getting a little confused here. I have multiple sites, but for simplicity let's call them A, B, and C. Site A has our main internet connection and our mail server. Sites B and C have T1 connections to site A, and each have an UT box running as a web/spam filter... there are no other applications turned on in the rack. (We tried just a UT box at site A filtering everything, but the network came to a crawl.)

When I left on Friday, Sites B and C had no trouble bringing email into Outlook. I came in today to multiple reports of email not working, and noticed that UT updated to 7.0. Since the only applications turned on on the rack are Spyware Blocker and Web Filter (Protocol Control is there but not turned on)... which tree should I begin barking up?

If you need me to clarify things more, please let me know.

Thanks for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Yes I see the option, but if the default policy isn't change the Spam module will still never see the traffic for that box to mean anything.
    This is correct.

The setting is there so if we remove the default rule, this setting will take its place.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by sdsnyr94 View Post
    OK, I'm getting a little confused here. I have multiple sites, but for simplicity let's call them A, B, and C. Site A has our main internet connection and our mail server. Sites B and C have T1 connections to site A, and each have an UT box running as a web/spam filter... there are no other applications turned on in the rack. (We tried just a UT box at site A filtering everything, but the network came to a crawl.)

When I left on Friday, Sites B and C had no trouble bringing email into Outlook. I came in today to multiple reports of email not working, and noticed that UT updated to 7.0. Since the only applications turned on on the rack are Spyware Blocker and Web Filter (Protocol Control is there but not turned on)... which tree should I begin barking up?

If you need me to clarify things more, please let me know.

Thanks for all your help!
    if protocol control isn't on - then you have a different issue.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    it seams that they are working on removing the no rack policy for smtp.

http://bugzilla.untangle.com/show_bug.cgi?id=5023

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast