Untangle Ninja

Default UT 7 upgrade effect Port 80 forwarding?

I've heard that the block pages have changed and can effect people hosting a internal server using port 80.

I currently forward port 80 to my internal private ip. If I upgrade from 6.2 to 7 will I have to change my port forward rules?

Lannie

hi lannie,

sorry we had hundreds of questions and weren't able to address them all.
    the upgrade will only affect you if you forward port 80 "back inside"

Example: You run an internal web server (mycompany.com) on your premises and you forward your main IP (1.2.3.4) port 80 to your web server. Internally, when users visit mycompany.com it looks up to 1.2.3.4 which is port forward "back inside" your network to your web server.

To fix this there are several options:

1. change your DNS internally so that "mycompany.com" looks up to the internal IP
    2. move your port forward to an alias (if you have two or more public IPs)
    3. disable "Untangle Administration overrides port forwards" in config->networking->advanced->general. Note: This is not recommended.
    4. apply the patch to move blockpages to another port http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/7..._Port_Forwards
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle Ninja

hey no problem on not getting to the question. I knew you were getting hammered with others. Nice webinar, good work.

I should be good. All my internal PC's use the UT DNS server which points them to the internal IP. Anyone outside, gets the public wan IP, so i think I should be good to go.

Will do the upgrade tonight.

Lannie