Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 7.0.1 announcement

We recently discovered a serious bug in v7.0's handling of system configuration restores. A combination of system parameters can cause a restore to fail completely and disable a box. The only way to recover the box in this state is to reinstall from source media.

At this time we are recommending that users try to avoid restoring in version 7.0.

We will release a fully-patched version ("7.01") of Untangle ASAP (likely next week). We cannot set a final release date because we are still in the early stages of our Quality Assurance Process. But rest assured that we have been working on addressing these issues since 7.0's release.

We'd also like to take this moment to apologize to all of our Untangle users out there (over 20,000 installed instances now) both new and old. This release did not go as we hoped or expected. As a result, we've spent many hours reviewing and revising our release processes to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

We appreciate the frustration that this has caused many of you and your end-users. Please know that we do set a higher bar for ourselves than this, we just failed to reach it this time.

Included in the 7.01 release are the following fixes:

• Correction of various data throughput calculations on Reports
    • Removal of erroneous KuGoo and Xunalei protocol signatures
    • Additional error handling in reports server module to add robustness
    • Support for IE8 on Config->Email module
    • Correct configuration restore from backups
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I've not pulled the trigger on existing UT boxes out there...so right now with upgrade set to manual, it's showing 7.0 as available.

Will 7.01 "replace" the 7.0 downloads that show in the upgrade section? Or will I have to cross my fingers and upgrade to 7.0..and then 7.01 will show as avail and proceed right with that?

You guy's are quick---I'm impressed.
    Will any changes be done to the reports(Detailed Reports)?

Untangler

Thanks for your effort!

Yes 7.01 will replace 7.0.

As stated there will be some calculation corrections in reports, but no feature additions.

dmorris is soliciting feedback in the feedback board about what features are missing in the new reports. Now is your chance to provide input.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Good to hear then i wait too.

are we going to get this update automatically?

I don't want to reboot my UT box, Please I need 24/7 uptime.

I appropriate your hard work, Keep up the good work

Untangle Ninja

Does 7.01 fix the Drop Superspam issue?

Lannie

lol

We appreciate the frustration that this has caused many of you and your end-users
    So you wanted to cause us frustration, i knew it! all along!!

It is the dev team's secret desire to have Untangles protecting every Internet connection in the world... so they can send a single patch and crash all our internets!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast