Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by joemailey View Post
    Also DanP give you a full explanation. But you probably couldn't find the link in the reply he sent :-) Well for at least 30 minutes or so.

Oh... JIC tarball decides to show back up and sees this. I'm not a "guru". I'm just another Untangle user who was attempting to help you in your time of need.

Untangle Ninja

My, my, the weather sure is pleasant today.
    Last edited by fasttech; 10-10-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Guys as much as I may agree with the sentiment. This isn't appropriate, Untangle prides itself on a flame free forum.

My short post earlier wasn't meant to frustrate, it was simply all the time I had to answer the question at that moment. I'm sorry he took it the wrong way, and that is really the end of that.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Well I came back to look and was just as unimpressed, except for sky-night.

And 30 years was low, actually 37. And the forum software has no clue as to how to post and no help link in site. Nothing indicates that you have to be in a thread to post.

Now that some of you supposed gurus have figured out what I asked about (even though it's in the thread title), what else do you need from me to help, assuming someone is willing.

And yes, I can be a prick, but only when prodded.

I promise to be civilized when treated the same way.

tom

Untangler

I must also point out that while rated a newbie, my join date indicates otherwise.

tom

Master Untangler

Tarball: Have you at least tried the patch that was originally suggested?

Untangler

No, since it wasn't evident that it had anything to do with what was occurring.

I'm reluctant to patch for no reason, having blown up multi-million dollar systems in the past when told to do so. Not that this is that sort of situation, but I'm not about to patch when there is no firm evidence I need to.

tom

Try the patch tarball, that is a known bandwidth issue that has to due with a timeout when trying to get the AV definitions. It's most commonly effecting dialup and other low bandwidth situations, but I can see a busy T1 having the same limitations.

Heck, my box on my nice high speed cable was downloading far more than it should. The patch helped. All of the patches listed on that page are safe to apply to any 7.0 installation. They are incorporated into the new 7.1 release that will be coming shortly to address some major issues found with 7.0 after the release last week.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangler

Installed it, I think. Seemed pretty small, but have never had to install a patch before. No errors indicated, just dropped back to the prompt. First portion of the line I got was

100 166 100 166 0 0

The 0 0 seems to be related to amount transferred, which doesn't seem good.

Doesn't seem to have done anything, but it appears to have quit downloading before I did the patch anyway.

tom

It's a script that makes some quick adjustments to the AV definitions down loader... it's text only and VERY small.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12