Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default 7.0 constantly downloading

First a comment. This forum software leaves a ton to be desired. Took me a half hour to accidentally figure out how to make a new post. No help to be found anywhere. THAT SUCKS.

Ok, to business.

Since I did my 6 to 7 upgrade my system has been busily downloading gigabytes for no reason I can determine. I originally thought it was something else on my net even though ntop showed almost zero traffic at the same time the cisco reported almost 100% usage of the DSL line.

After some simple troubleshooting involving pulling key ethernet cables I determined all the traffic was, surprise!!!, coming from untangle.

I have sniffed around in the system and haven't been able to figure out exactly what's going on except for java cpu load is higher than you would expect while it's occurring, and lots of bytes are coming inbound to the untangle box.

At times it's completely quiet, and then suddenly it will nail the inbound capacity at 100% for minutes at a time.

Anyone else seeing this?

tom

Master Untangler

There's an issue where the AV module constantly retries downloading a failed update. See http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Release_Notes for description and patch.

Untangler

Thanks for the pointer, but there is nothing there that relates to this issue, as far as I can see.

If it's there, please give a more specific link or tell me where to look on the page.

thanks
    tom

Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

The only one close is the slow download and that's not happening here.

Untangler

Unless "slow" is T1 speed. I guess things may have changed. If so, it needs to be stated what "slow" means.

tom

Untangler

Obviously this is a place for gurus giving one and two liner responses and zip for explanations.

I've played this game for 30 years and I don't need this crap. When people ask questions where I'm from, we give answers, not URLs that may or may not be applicable.

I'll go someplace else.

Have fun.

tom

Untangler

What a f***in Dick! His patience is about as big as his brain, how hard is it to make a new thread is this guy serious. That's pathetic if it took you that long.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by tarball View Post
    First a comment. This forum software leaves a ton to be desired. Took me a half hour to accidentally figure out how to make a new post. No help to be found anywhere. THAT SUCKS.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarball View Post
    Obviously this is a place for gurus giving one and two liner responses and zip for explanations.

I've played this game for 30 years and I don't need this crap.

I get the distinct impression, based on the fact it took you half an hour figure out how to post a message [on bog standard forum] even after 30 years 'in the game' that the 'crap' is a little closer to home.

Down to business, what Untangle version are your using/what is your setup? To be able to help you you need to help the gurus. They're not telepathic, or did you expect them to be telepathic? Also your attitude needs to change for to expect people to help you that your being rude to is going to get people like me pointing out that your being an <insert expletive>.

Good day sir.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by shaggydabbydo View Post

Down to business, what Untangle version are your using/what is your setup?.

Considering the Thread starts of with 7.0 constantly downloading, I think he is using v7

Dunno what game he has been in for 30years, I doubt it's the I.T game.
    Maybe he has been on "the game" for 30 years

Also DanP give you a full explanation. But you probably couldn't find the link in the reply he sent :-) Well for at least 30 minutes or so.

AV Module constantly downloads. Without more information that is the only thing we can tell you. You've been told a few times already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast