Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crash and Burn!

Untangle Ninja

Well then, maybe we'll just change your goofy little banner to Untangle Nanny.

Hmm... I think I can live with that... It would give me a reason to laugh every time I hit the forums.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Ok so final update...

Blame this one on SKY!

I managed to transfer my NFR off my old box to the customer's new box. But, let me tell you WHY this happened.

Don't login to Untangle's website more than once!

I often have my NFR box's console up in my web browser to help people here on the forums. I can't remember all those screens, so I keep my console up to find what I need to direct people. Because I had that login active, when I logged in from the customer's untangle server the back end got confused.

Untangle is designed for the SMB and well... you aren't supposed to have more than 1!

So the moral of this thread, don't have your Untangle store account logged into two machines on the same IP address.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    No that's the odd thing...

The client's box is working normally, it just won't install the purchased modules.

My box is working normally, but when I go into the console and log into the store the web site doesn't recognize it as an untangle.

My subscriptions are just all wrong. I have two ID's for the client, the old and the new, and my box here isn't showing in the list.

Near as I can tell... I may have transferred the subscription from my main box to the client's new box by accident... but because the back end isn't recognizing my box I can't move it back.

When I installed the Beta of 7.0 on a new box in my network, I went to change my pro subs over to the beta. When I went to the untangle store, my account didn't have a subscription, even thou a few months ago I changed my box and reinstalled untangle and was able to transfer my subs to the new box. Untangle support had to manually recreate my subscription.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12