zal
    Untangler

Default Untangle 7 burning my internet bandwidth.

For the past few weeks our internet usage is very high. The only thing I can put my finger on is Untangle 7. We are doing anything from 1gb to 6gbs a day! All started around the same time my Untangle box updated from 6 to 7.... And with the reports being next to useless with wrong data readings and "hits" rather then "megs" I really have no idea whats going.
    A work colleague said to turn off virus blocker to stop the updates as he had the same problem. However this hasn't worked.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm about to pull Untangle 7 out now and install my backup 6.2 box to confirm its untangle............

mdh

Its well documented in the thread below. People have been reporting it for a while now.

http://forums.untangle.com/networkin...g-updates.html

zal
    Untangler

Fail... looks like a didn't search hard enough. Thanks. Now, how to install it?....

mdh

That too was documented in the thread:

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/7...slow_freshclam

zal
    Untangler

I'm guessing I need to copy curl http://www.untangle.com/download/pat...w_freshclam.sh | dash into the terminal, which i have done. it reports back dash: Syntax error: newline unexpected

Am i missing something?

mdh

I usually just type it rather than copy it, but that shouldn't make any difference. I'm not sure. I read through the whole thread (which ended with your post), and outside of the fact that it isn't working, I see the the newline was UNexpected. Was that a typo on your part or did it really say UNexpected rather than expected?

Was the exact command you typed (at the command line):

curl http://www.untangle.com/download/pat...w_freshclam.sh | dash

???

If so, we may need to wait for dmorris or mrunkel to see this thread in the daytime (its middle of the night here now).

zal
    Untangler

Double fail on my account, i coped word for word before and it didn't work. However its looking ok now. SS below.

Thanks for your help bro.

zal
    Untangler

This still remains a issue on our network.... we are burning around 1 gb a day at the moment...... and needless to say very rage worthy. I would have thought Untangle would have 7.1 out by now. Its been 30 odd days!

mdh

They started rolling out 7.0 on September 29, and it probably took a week to get it out to everyone who had auto-update on. They started 7.01 earlier this week and said it should be done by the end of the week. Its not the end of the week yet. If you have client-side antivirus on your network, you could run with that alone in the interim and turn Untangle Virus Blocker back on after the upgrade has been done. Otherwise, they're working their way through all the live systems. If you have auto-update on, they'll get yours as well.

if the clam AV fix didnt work, it ,must be something else...

install ntop and find out where the traffic is coming from, if it is the box or a computer on the network.