Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Upgrade Priority

This is probably going to end up an enhancement request.

Can Untangle please prioritize paying customers in the upgrade order. It's getting rather old since my box is generally chosen last and I can't upgrade my live server to complete Q/A.

I know bandwidth is a concern but I don't think it's too much to ask if paying customers and resellers gain access to the upgrades first.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

PCS
    Master Untangler

I would have to agree. I seem to be at the bottom of the upgrade list as well.

mdh

I chuckled on this one. On one side, you pay for it and you deserve it. On the flip side, if something is bad with upgrades (as in 7.0), you paid for the privilege of getting to the front of the line to get screwed. Hopefully there won't ever be another upgrade like 7.0.

Master Untangler

I am going to tag along on this, can you also prioritize partner NFR copies for absolute 1st in line. I personally would like to upgrade my on site nfr box and see how things work before upgrading clients.

I know mdh... I was thinking of that as I posted it. Upgrades are manual on all of my configurations. For me... simply getting the NFRs to the top of the list would be easiest. That would allow me to get my main box online before any of my clients are available.

But moving any paid license to the top may get you the problem release sooner, but it also gets you the fixed release sooner.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

How about paying customer's get a choice of whether they are front of line or not.......I am not paying customer, and am content to wait
    Last edited by mikepb; 10-24-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Michael P. Brininstool, CISSP
    OLD Unix Geek
    OLD Network Engineer
    Untangle noob!

Quote Originally Posted by mikepb View Post
    How about paying customer's get a choice of whether they are front of line or not.......I am not paying customer, and am content to wait
    Agreed, having the option on whether or not to upgrade earlier than non-paying consumers is greatly warranted. Currently I'm still not able to upgrade to 7.01 and have problems until then.

...and true there is the possibility of getting bad upgrades before everyone else, but that's the risk when upgrading any software. On that note, Untangle has usually done a good job about releasing stable upgrades. (cough cough 7.0)
    Last edited by CECSD; 10-26-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Unfortunately, the way that we do the upgrade gating process doesn't lend itself to what you're asking.

We'll talk about what we can do to make it happen though..
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untangle Ninja

Hmm... why not a smarter update system.
    Using torrent technology and every untangle server as a node in the network?

(A checkbox under advanced or administration to turn it off for paying customers?)

http://sianka.free.fr/

WebFooL I like the torrent idea, except because UT is designed for the SMB/Home, requiring the free user to not be able to opt-out of the torrent might cause issues, in this day and age of bandwidth restrictions/amounts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast