Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7.1?

I may only have an associates in BS, but I am great at selling it. I'm game. but we should probably go straight to 9.0.1 and claim there were problems with radiation and babies with 9.0. We're pretty sure 9.0.1 is completely safe.

just pchop UT in there.
    Last edited by u3b3rg33k; 11-02-2009 at 01:03 AM.

mdh

Quote Originally Posted by Solignis View Post
    I'm not skilled in Linux but I have a masters in bull****.
    I'm not too bad in that department. Remember that I do support. One day I went out for a break, and a guy from the next office over was wearing a shirt that said "I make shit up." I asked him if he was in support...

mdh

If you ever notice the names that Untangle assigns to new versions, 7 was "Dart." I'm old enough to remember a Dodge Dart, and they didn't inspire me to do anything but bet on the Pinto that was gonna race the Dart.

I have noticed.

But ubuntu has the wackiest names. someone must (almost) get paid to come up with them.

Master Untangler

Woah, sure didn't mean to step on any toes with this thread. As a paying customer, I just didn't see that big of a change with 7.01. I have seen bugs like pass list showing in reports as violations for several releases now. And then to have a less reports? You know what they say "You can't BS a BSer." I thought some idea of future release dates might give everyone something to look forward to. Maybe on the Wiki?
    I understand techies weird sense of humor, but gentlemen, I figured there would be more professionalism in this forum instead of belittling everyone who asks questions which I have seen lots of in here. Guess my answer is, go back to 6.2 or find another product. Not very good business sense to me. So there, Go ahead and flame on me and give you something to do besides answering in a professional manner.

mdh

brent,

We get silly sometimes, but we don't flame people or belittle them. I don't know if you have 7.0 or 7.01. 7.0 was a flawed release, and 7.01 was a patch to fix the problems that didn't get caught on 7.0. I don't think that reports are less, I think they're different. With that comes some adjustment on the part of users. Judging by the response to the new reports, dmorris has solicited feedback from users. They are working on 7.1 now. I don't know what is in it, nor do I know a release date. I can safely say that they will not push 7.1 out as fast as 7.0, because 7.0 gave Untangle a black eye. You can check Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.untangle.com) to find out bug fixes and enhancements for 7.1, though I don't know how complete the enhancement list would be. As far as release dates, Untangle never gives a release date very far in advance. To do so sets expectations, and if its late, feathers are ruffled.

In response to picture above..... I am not even going to ask

This should be the warning to anyone using Untangle

According to the development team, though the Untangle modules have been proven 100% safe, the Untangle Device has not: "Do not touch the operational end of the device. Do not look into the operational end of the device. Do not submerge the device in liquid, even partially. Most important, under no circumstances should you- (static)"

I love this so much it is now my signature! sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by Solignis; 11-02-2009 at 05:54 AM.
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Well, I'm using the completely free edition of 7.0.1 and lovin' it. And the upgrade went pretty smoothly, so I can't complain (you should try updating Fedora someday!).

OK, so UT is not perfect, but at this price, it's definitely great value-for-money.
    There are many alternate universes, but only this one has beer.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    brent,

We get silly sometimes, but we don't flame people or belittle them. I don't know if you have 7.0 or 7.01. 7.0 was a flawed release, and 7.01 was a patch to fix the problems that didn't get caught on 7.0. I don't think that reports are less, I think they're different. With that comes some adjustment on the part of users. Judging by the response to the new reports, dmorris has solicited feedback from users. They are working on 7.1 now. I don't know what is in it, nor do I know a release date. I can safely say that they will not push 7.1 out as fast as 7.0, because 7.0 gave Untangle a black eye. You can check Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.untangle.com) to find out bug fixes and enhancements for 7.1, though I don't know how complete the enhancement list would be. As far as release dates, Untangle never gives a release date very far in advance. To do so sets expectations, and if its late, feathers are ruffled.
    IMHO most company's will give tentative release dates. It seems that feathers were already ruffled about roll out times for 7.01. Would it matter if this were in the form of a poll? If people get ruffled about not reaching tentative release dates, then they are the unprofessional ones. "Tentative" release dates holds accountability. Thanks

Untangle Ninja

Since we are ruffling feathers. Is there ANY work being done on supporting LDAP instead of just AD?

LAnnie

PS hint...in 7.1? hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast