Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7.1?

Untangle Ninja

Ischaforth i know that they are working on the connector for more support.

Shh Webfool, don't give out all of our secrets!

Seriously, release dates aren't given out simply because with a small shop like ours it's very difficult to predict.

Loosely, the release schedule goes like this:

1.) Product feature request list is combed and we select the features to be worked on during the next release.
    2.) Product requirements for each feature are developed to give the engineers a spec to build to.
    3.) Engineers start doing their magic, (and product management team goes back to step 1 to prepare for the next release cycle.)
    4.) Changes are released to QA (this happens as features are considered "done" by engineers)
    5.) QA tests, files bug reports as necessary, engineers fix, cycle continues.
    6.) When the product is stable, alpha is released to the testing community
    7.) Repeat 5 as necessary
    8.) New for this version, we are talking about creating a RC ISO for testing purposes.
    9.) Shortly thereafter, Version is released and upgrades start to flow.

We're at step 5 right now for 7.1, 7.2 is at step 3 starting today.

To address the original poster:

1.) There will never be a version that includes "old reports." As I've said previously, we've put a lot of work into completely re-writing the new reports engine, so we're not going back to the old system that was buggy, caused the box stop filtering, etc. We're working very hard to bring back all the functionality requested.

2.) Most of the answers on this forum come from people who don't work for Untangle, while we try to keep the tone civil, we don't censor except for obvious spam. I think if you compare these boards to others on the Internet, you'll find them quite civilized.

Here is the list of bugs fixes and enhancements in 7.1: http://tinyurl.com/yzn93nn
    Last edited by mrunkel; 11-02-2009 at 09:17 AM.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle Ninja

Edited my previous post..
    Sry if I broke any rules..

Well, now I apologize. I was just joking. Sorry, should have included the .

You did nothing wrong.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    Shh Webfool, don't give out all of our secrets!
    he sent it to just me so the secret should be safe.

Lannie

Is it secret? Is it safe?

This is the thread where we get to ruffle feathers? I vote we start with the clown and ask him where we can see something really scary.

LOL Love those movies. RZ has B-Horror down to a science.

To the OP:
    We're making fun of ourselves as much as anyone else. We all have a disease shared by most techies called "Nextversionitis". V 7.01 appears to have fixed a lot of things, and changed a few others. They are taking feedback on it, and are tweaking things into a shape that will satisfy the most users. We're all secretly hoping that we get to be the satisfied user on the next release.

If that doesn't work try a henweigh. That should fix it.
    Last edited by BOFH; 11-02-2009 at 01:23 PM.

To be clear, we're working all throughout the AD Connector code for 7.2, so if there is a way we can make it work with other servers, we'll give it a try.

I'm still waiting for you to send me an x-serve for testing. ;-)
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    To be clear, we're working all throughout the AD Connector code for 7.2, so if there is a way we can make it work with other servers, we'll give it a try.

I'm still waiting for you to send me an x-serve for testing. ;-)
    If you want a machine or just the server CD for a machine you already have, I can come up with something.

Lannie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123