Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Untangler

im agree with u, i have 3 paid plataforms in production and i have to restart all off them thanks to the "service unavailable" problem. Untangle 6.2 was awesome, but untangle 7.01 can block MSN LIVE MESSENGER now and it as a blessing for me.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Fogozito View Post
    im agree with u, i have 3 paid plataforms in production and i have to restart all off them thanks to the "service unavailable" problem. Untangle 6.2 was awesome, but untangle 7.01 can block MSN LIVE MESSENGER now and it as a blessing for me.
    We have running 2 paid servers running, with 6.2 it was awesome no problems but with 7.01 we must restart 5times or even more both servers also "service unavailable" bot also complete crashes. eSoft is complete at the moment in a tangle. eSoft doesn't update new sites doesn't filter. You can now visit al blocked sites the day after there a blocked not blocked sites are blocked etc. same as https sites are filtered after reboot not anymore after boot filtered again etc etc.

Really hope that there will come soon a fix/update, it becomes annoying this way.

Untangle Ninja

We had to upgrade to 7.1 on a production box due to problems with 7.0.1 and so far it is running great again. Will keep monitoring it.

Lannie

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by lschafroth View Post
    We had to upgrade to 7.1 on a production box due to problems with 7.0.1 and so far it is running great again. Will keep monitoring it.

Lannie
    How did you update? With the upgrade option in untangle or?

Not having reports on upload statistics is killing me atm.

Well, I keep having huge (50 KiB/s on a ADSL connection) uploads for hours on end that I can't track down to a specific user but it could be something else...?

OpenVPN connection seems to be intermittent but I never used it on 6.x so I can't say whether it's any worse or any better.

But beyond that Untangle is still the best software gateway you can get.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SMNS View Post
    How did you update? With the upgrade option in untangle or?
    I had tech support working on it for a few days and they did the upgrade for me. I assume they edited the sources file. I can copy the contents of my sources file.

oops. it's the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/untangle.list file:

Code:
    snip snip snip
    Lannie
    Last edited by mrunkel; 12-08-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Uid should never be posted and please don't post support custom settings

Lannie... I suggest you pull that code offline, you just coughed up your UID and with some creativity it can be used to steal your account.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Folks, please don't post customizations performed by support to your box, odds are you're not going to get everything required, and the modifications were for your particular box, not everyone's.

I know you're trying to help, but the potential to make things a whole lot worse is always there.

If you have paid boxes, please get in touch with support, they can help you out.
    Last edited by mrunkel; 12-08-2009 at 10:10 AM. Reason: is are who's counting?
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    Folks, please don't post customizations performed by support to your box, odds are you're not going to get everything required, and the modifications were for your particular box, not everyone's.

If you have paid boxes, please get in touch with support, they can help you out.
    Did contact support (we have paid boxes), hope they can help and offcourse that they can see the problems on the box etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123