Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The first of the 7.1s

My office just got the 7.1 upgrade option, pushed the button at 12:55 and at 1:15 everything seems to be done. So far, so good.

There was no downtime involved with the upgrade, I sat here playing TF2 right through the upgrade!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

You're a trusting soul.

It's available on our box as well, but I think I'll wait a few more days before applying.

Naw, I'm not trusting at all. My box runs my business and I'm the first place that gets it. It will run here for at least two weeks before I upgrade any clients.
    NexgenAppliances.com

If anything I am the one who is very trusting of Untangle.

I ran 7.1 while it was beta 1 all the way up to the release.
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Generally speaking the upgrades just work unless a new kernel is involved. And the Untangle guys really didn't get enough credit for the 6.2 upgrade that involved taking Debian 4.0 to Debian 5.0.

At this point I'm waiting on the md5s for the 7.1 iso. I downloaded an iso from the main Untangle website but the box I installed it on is doing some strange crap.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

My update was pushed this weekend and needed a reboot to start acting properly.

Web filter lists wouldn't get saved (but no error was prompted), reports weren't sent by e-mail.

I rebooted the UT appliance a couple of minutes ago (off prime time; couldn't do it during the day ) and all the "ghostly" behaviour just went away.

Now, this was my first update of UT. How often is a reboot needed after updating UT? If frequently why not have the option to automatically reboot the box after update, or just carry the flag with the update (ie. this update requires or recommends a reboot)?

Cheers

Usually if a reboot is actually needed the update will reboot for you. Mine has shown no ghostly behavior... so I'm not sure what's up with that.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Reporting:

Upgrades from 7.0.1 to 7.1 went fine with no problem.

Manual RESTORES from 7.0.1 in 7.1 boxes, no problem!
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado
    --------------------------------

you probably have /'s in your webfilter lists. We adjusted the matching code to support things like *facebook*, but as a side affect, things like / need to get removed or escaped.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    you probably have /'s in your webfilter lists. We adjusted the matching code to support things like *facebook*, but as a side affect, things like / need to get removed or escaped.
    I think its "\" than cause problems
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast