Default Search through SPAM logs

I am using Untangle for spam filtering and e-mail virus scanning only.
    I would like to see a feature for searching through the spam logs. Every once in a while a user comes to me and asks me to check if the spam filter blocked an e-mail from someone, say one hour ago.
    We receive hundreds of thousands of spam messages daily, so you can figure that if I need to search more than 15 minutes worth of e-mails back I would be browsing through hundreds of pages of logging.

Thanks !
    Last edited by xoy74; 12-22-2009 at 04:20 PM. Reason: mispell in subject

Untangler

At last someone else echo's my thoughts exactly. Shifting though pages og spam logs is time consuming when surely a search function must be available for this. It would also be handy to search the web filter logs for specific sites.

Any third party apps available for this? I tried Splunk but couldn't figure it out!

Untangler

Even though i am new, i agree completely. Would be nice if these emails were cached for 3 days or so. It would also be a nice thing to be able to send them to the clent via untangle.

Untangle Ninja

I filed a bugzilla on this. Not sure what ever became of it. I asked for the ability to enter a host name or ip and have UT show any service or filter that touched that IP.

I asked for the same in SPAM.

Lannie

PS I will see if I can find that bugzilla and post it here so people can vote.