Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Master Untangler

Default Ads in the web filter?? This is a joke right?

This can't be for real, it must be a joke right?

Yes it is real, buy something, ANYTHING from untangle and they go away. I don't see what the problem is. The ads are subject to the rack, and we've already had the hilarity of the darn server blocking ads it served up. Poetic, to be honest.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

WOW, just saw my first block page. Talk about the most unprofessional looking HACK JOB. I would be embarrassed to put that up with such a well designed program. It looks like a guy begging at a highway exit ramp. Do a redesign and get Ford, Newegg, Microsoft, or some main entity to put something up for cash with some design thought. Charge $5 fee for bandwidth for updates a year. Something other then that, It's pathetic looking. Even my 10 year old daughter commented on how pathetic it looks. It plain and simple looks like a hack job. (I am a Apple guy, so you guys may find this design acceptable )
    Last edited by blueshoes; 02-12-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Default Adds

I agree this is complete and utter BS, i guess Untangle has fallen victim to the recession, i for one will no longer be using Untangle. I think the adds defeat the whole purpose of having an ADBLOCKER!! and WEB FILTER. I did some more research and found some other Open Source software that will suffice. Thanks Untangle you were fun while you had some self respect, now the adds really just make you look tacky and make you actually look like you are begging for money.

Untangle Ninja

It appears they took away the $10 monthly Branding option. You HAVE to do the $108 yearly. If they brought back the $10 monthly, most entry people would be more than willing to pay $10 a month for no ads. I have a paid UT box at work but will be removing my free one at home because of this.

If I could pay a small monthly amount I would keep it.

Lannie

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Yes it is real, buy something, ANYTHING from untangle and they go away. I don't see what the problem is. The ads are subject to the rack, and we've already had the hilarity of the darn server blocking ads it served up. Poetic, to be honest.
    I'd pay for IPSEC
    Oh sorry I'm doing it again

Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    I agree this is complete and utter BS, i guess Untangle has fallen victim to the recession, i for one will no longer be using Untangle. I think the adds defeat the whole purpose of having an ADBLOCKER!! and WEB FILTER. I did some more research and found some other Open Source software that will suffice. Thanks Untangle you were fun while you had some self respect, now the adds really just make you look tacky and make you actually look like you are begging for money.

I have no problem with running some kind of ad for income to pay for free use for home user. But put some "smooth" design features to make it look good and flow. The way it is now, it looks like a hack job. Get some major company to pay for the spot and get someone to design it professionally so it looks like it should be there. The way it looks now, any 3rd grader could make it look better.

can you post a screenshot perhaps? what are you seeing?

the new blockpage is almost identical to the old blockpage, just with ads
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

This is what I see. Not very appealing.

Get Newegg, Ford, or Kaspersky to give you a logo and use the logo to link to the page. The generic google link page looks hack. Like I said, I am an Apple Guy, design means a lot. This block page ruins the look and feel of Untangle. Gives me a softy.
    Last edited by blueshoes; 02-12-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast