Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dknyinva View Post
    Astaro was awarded with the Best SMB Security Solution http://www.scmagazineus.com/best-sme...rticle/164147/

Astaro does provide web filtering, including https scanning, dual virus scanning (Avira and ClamAV), Anti-Spam (CommTouch), IPS (Snort Inline), etc... Another nice feature that the ops didn't mentioned is the live bandwidth monitoring.
    The free edition for business use doesn't have 95% of the listed features.

Quote Originally Posted by lschafroth View Post
    Have you seen the new Home version with support for 50ips an it does all the features including email, spam, user portals (for email/spam quarantine) and etc. Looks very promising. I'm downloading it now.

Lannie

PS Home Verson supports:

Firewall, VPN, IPS, Web Filter, Antivirus, IMP2P Blocker, Spam Filter, Wan link balancer
    Hi Lannie and anyone else who has tried both Astaro HOME edition and Untangle,

1) How did the free Astaro home edition compare to Untangle? I am trying to decide which one to install on my home network.

2) I realize they both have free ClamAV, but is the Avira AV free in Astaro home edition, or do you have to pay a subscription like Kaspersky in Untangle?

Thanks.
    Last edited by LR897; 04-12-2010 at 02:12 AM.

Master Untangler

1) How did the free Astaro home edition compare to Untangle? I am trying to decide which one to install on my home network.
    Astaro much better

2) I realize they both have free ClamAV, but is the Avira AV free in Astaro home edition, or do you have to pay a subscription like Kaspersky in Untangle?
    Look at the post above yours. Astaro include both Avira and ClamAV for free.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LR897 View Post
    Hi Lannie and anyone else who has tried both Astaro HOME edition and Untangle,

Thanks.
    Sorry, I havent had time to test yet. Had a surprise bday party this weekend! I will be testing it this week. I know I'm testing the home version at first but I havent received any prices for the Pro version yet. So far, UT has everyone beat in pricing.

Lannie

Untangle Ninja

ugh!! I just got the pricing for Astaro in the Corporate environment. For 1000 users, they wants $15,000 a year! They dont break down the options seperately. If I wanted 250 email users and 1000 web filtering, you can pay for just those amounts.

They dont offer edu pricing as well. UT has them stomped in pricing.

Lannie

Untangler

ugh!! I just got the pricing for Astaro in the Corporate environment. For 1000 users, they wants $15,000 a year! They dont break down the options seperately. If I wanted 250 email users and 1000 web filtering, you can pay for just those amounts.

Lannie
    Good find! I cant afford that...can't wait for next years's erate moneys!!

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth_4 View Post
    Good find! I cant afford that...can't wait for next years's erate moneys!!
    we dont qualify for erate.

Lannie

even with e-rate your only going to get 50% of the price covered, that is if your lucky.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Thumbs down

Lannie
    If I am not wrong we are comparing Astaro Home Edition and Untangle free version, not the pricing. They included some of the features are free in Astaro Home Edition but we have to pay in Untangle. You should reviews the options

Thats what the original post was about, feature comparison not price. I really dont feel that there is even a reason to compare the "home" edition with untangle. The "home" edition of Astaro cannot be used in a business setting, so there is no value in doing a review. I'm not wasting my time doing a review for home users. I will only do a review for business owners and managers looking to add some value to their networks.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast