Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangle Ninja

Default the dashboard data.

It mildly interesting how big the numbers can get on the various modules for, let's call them events, ie: Messages passed, or Documents scanned, etc, since they reset every reboot, they can get into the millions.

I would present, that those #'s would be far more useful, at a glance, if they reset to zero every 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by fasttech View Post
    I would present, that those #'s would be far more useful, at a glance, if they reset to zero every 24 hours.
    I'm pretty sure they do.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

They zero out on some kind of interval. My Untangle reports an up time of 75 days yet only about 200 e-mails scanned by the spam filter.

Now, if I only got 200 e-mails in the last two and a half months I'd be ecstatic. Or dead from starvation...
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Well, shoot, I don't really know what to say, the only time I remember seeing a box I administrate zero out, was after a reboot, and a couple of them were up almost a year, with events in the millions.

I must be crazy.

I only say this, because another brand of utm I use at home and a few other locations reset the stats that are displayed on the 'home' page every night, and I find that useful.

I'll just stfu now I guess.

reboots will reset them, but i'm pretty sure they only query the number since midnight

can you post a screenshot?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I'd like to confirm when this zeros out if for nothing else than to satisfy my curiosity. I've never really used those numbers for anything real. Knowing how they work specifically might just turn them into the tool they're meant to be.

P.S. It's 12:30am here now, and my numbers are higher now than before. So if they cleared at midnight I have enough activity in 30min to rebound over the last day? Perhaps it clears after the reports build at 2?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Last night I took a screenshot a little after 5, but, just for simplification, I cropped the ips, now I wish I'd not cropped it and kept the whole page, anyway it shows 126,224 sessions.
    Then I took a screen shot of the same this morning, it shows 163,904 sessions.
    I also grabbed a screenshot of last nights report which shows 15677 sessions for the report period.

It doesn't look to me like it zeros out each night. Here is a screen shot of my live data, and a screen shot of yesterday's report. Maybe it resets once a week??? I would be very interested in knowing the answer to this.
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Untangle Ninja

Looking this morning, protocol shows 122,669 sessions.
    Last nights report for protocol shows 15,677 sessions.

Spyware shows 122,153 pages scanned in the panel, last nights reports says 30,741 web hits.

Here's where it gets more confusing.

Virus blocker shows 1050 documents scanned in the panel, last nights report says vb scanned 30,804 documents for that reporting period.
    There would be less than 50 emails since midnight, web traffic scanning is on though.

So, is vb resetting each night and the other modules are not?

This is a 7.2 unit, up for a bit more than 2 days.
    Last edited by fasttech; 04-08-2010 at 10:52 AM.

The vb seems to throw things off... Here is mine. That's yesterday's report as well.
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast