Thread: Dramatic change

Default Dramatic change

I do not know how many there are, but I suppose that many computers are still with UT 6.2 (or less) and UT4W in the battle field.
    While I recognize that is not the responsibility of you (UT staff), the recent upgrade of clamav core and signatures orphaning these computers.
    To pretend that everyone is under 7.2 its like to pretend all windows in the world are seven version.
    There are several valid reasons not to migrate in some cases. (hardware specs, reports, comfort or fear of change and so).

With this introduction, it becomes a formal request:
    What is the real chance to update the clamav engine keeping the good old UT 6.2?
    I know my limitations in Linux, I can copy and past commands in putty only,but I think in this community great and generous sure are people who can do this task (and share the method).

Regards

Untangle has already rolled out an update for this. Our suggestion is to upgrade.

http://forums.untangle.com/announcem...rsion-eol.html
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Plan b?

Are there any plans upgrade the Windows Client to version 7.2. ?

The current download version shows as 7.1 but once installed is showing as version 6.2.1.

Summary:
    UID:
    Build: 6.2.1~svn20090819r24277release6.2-1lenny

Java: 1.6.0_12

This version is running ClamAV version 0.94.2 and will not upgrade due to ClamAV dropping support.

Thanks