Untangler

Default Remote Filtering Client

I was wondering if the idea of remote filtering has ever been kicked around, we have a lot of home workers that always have viruses and have to send in their laptops to be repaired due to wide open internet usage. I know a few web filtering companies offered this and was wondering if this was something that untangle had plans of or thought of at all.

Thanks

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by rtrice81 View Post
    I was wondering if the idea of remote filtering has ever been kicked around, we have a lot of home workers that always have viruses and have to send in their laptops to be repaired due to wide open internet usage. I know a few web filtering companies offered this and was wondering if this was something that untangle had plans of or thought of at all.

Thanks
    I second this. I imagine it would have been done if it could be done. The untangle guys/gals are infinitely smarter than me, and hence by deduction, would have done it if it was possible.

Maybe just add the option for redirect-gateway and say use at your own risk. The problem still exists of DHCP requests not hitting the local DHCP server, since it would be routed through the VPN, which may be part of the reason this is not a "feature." Heck, I'm not even sure if/how well that would work, but I would love to test it and see.

There are several ideas floating around inside the halls of Untangle regarding this guys... they just have limited resources. You're always free to get the source code and develop your own solution, and submit the changes.

Oh, and here's a hint... it isn't as easy as reconfiguring OpenVPN to push the gateway.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

I was sure it wasn't . But I felt compelled to try something! Thanks for the info.