Master Untangler

Default Suggestion - Monitoring interface/Site event log

I'm hoping this post gets an acknowledgement from dmorris or someone.
    Also feed back from the likes of Sky and few top untanglers.

I've found my self monitoring the spam log alot and other logs just watching them seeing if email arrives or emails get blocked or not. Web filter which URLs are being blocked etc.

I'd love for untangle to have a page dedicated to monitoring resources/event logs. I know what I want just not sure how to explain it. Would just love like a general overview page. That would allow me to see multible logs and things like that.

I'd like to be able to open a page and leave it running on my second screen so that I can view what mail is coming in/what sites are being blocked. What memory is being using/processor power.

Just something that would show me what is going on all in one page. Also give me access to different system logs. I see people having issues on here that need to run different commands in the console to access different system logs(can't remember them of the top of my head think one might of been the uvm.log or something along those lines, usually required when untangle isn't working properly). Be great if it could all be available via the web interface too under a system tab or something..

Then again this could all be a stupid idea, it is just something I find would be useful as I've had to monitor my untangle setup a good bit lately.
    I can only monitor one event log at a time. Be good if I could get as much information on once screen as possible

I think you can use the syslog feature and get those type of info. I haven't touched it for some time, few years ago, I tried the kiwi syslog and it showed web, email, and etc going through the Untangle.
    to be understood, you must first understand.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by gotkimchi View Post
    I think you can use the syslog feature and get those type of info. I haven't touched it for some time, few years ago, I tried the kiwi syslog and it showed web, email, and etc going through the Untangle.
    I've tried that but I can never get it to work properly or find it hard to understand the sort of information the syslog server is picking up and shown me.