Default Thank you Richard Marshall

Hello, I wouldn't normally do this but I have been so impressed with the service I received I thought I would mention it!

Our school has been using the open source version of untangle for about 1 year and it became very time consuming to manage and keep the filters upto date. I spoke to the headteacher about this problem and he agreed that I could research a number of products to find which one was best and most cost effective for our school (we only have 70ish students). I fired a few emails off to various companies which included Bloxx, Smoothwall, Censornet and a few others! Bloxx was far too expensive for us, it worked out to about 30 per a student and the same applied for Smoothwall which was about 20 per a student. Out of all the companies I emailed Untangle were the only one which offered us a trial to actually test if their product would be suitable for us! About a week into our trial everything was going fantastic (I made loads of enemies because various games sites were blocked). After we decided to purchase the products we were trailing, I emailed Richard for payment instructions which he replied back with promptly even with the massive time difference.

The only problem we have is at County Hall it takes upto 2 weeks to process a foreign transaction, however to tie us over until the payment is completed our trial has been extended.

To sum all this up, I'm a very happy customer at the moment and would definitely recommend untangle for other schools.

Thanks for the kind words.. And yes, Richard Marshall never sleeps, that's his secret. :-)
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>