Default Thank you Richard Marshall

Hello, I wouldn't normally do this but I have been so impressed with the service I received I thought I would mention it!

Our school has been using the open source version of untangle for about 1 year and it became very time consuming to manage and keep the filters upto date. I spoke to the headteacher about this problem and he agreed that I could research a number of products to find which one was best and most cost effective for our school (we only have 70ish students). I fired a few emails off to various companies which included Bloxx, Smoothwall, Censornet and a few others! Bloxx was far too expensive for us, it worked out to about 30 per a student and the same applied for Smoothwall which was about 20 per a student. Out of all the companies I emailed Untangle were the only one which offered us a trial to actually test if their product would be suitable for us! About a week into our trial everything was going fantastic (I made loads of enemies because various games sites were blocked). After we decided to purchase the products we were trailing, I emailed Richard for payment instructions which he replied back with promptly even with the massive time difference.

The only problem we have is at County Hall it takes upto 2 weeks to process a foreign transaction, however to tie us over until the payment is completed our trial has been extended.

To sum all this up, I'm a very happy customer at the moment and would definitely recommend untangle for other schools.

Thanks for the kind words.. And yes, Richard Marshall never sleeps, that's his secret. :-)
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com